Quantcast

New here - How to "Enduro"

g_k

Chimp
Apr 3, 2015
Hi all,

I'm new to MTB. I've been told I need to "enduro". How to I do that?

KR,

g_k

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
From what I can gather. Its expensive and you're going to need a sponsor to pay for you to go to France. Make sure you get a Blue Sprinter so your sponsors stickers really pop. Remember that's what they pay you for.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Get yourself out there. Make sick edits outing illegal trails. Do anything to look like a winner, including sandbagging and steroids. That'll get you started.

g_k

Chimp
Apr 3, 2015
Gentlemen,

Thx for the inputs so far, I try to collect my thoughts:

I'm not 100% sure on the bikerfox things, mostly due to the fact that he doesn't mention enduro anywhere on his site or in his equally disturbing video messages. I also see conflicting messages on the use of bar ends when enduro-ing, so that made me doubt whether his bike set-up is real "enduro".

Ordered a "cross country" helmet and "moto cross style" helmet with glasses and googles to be prepared for all different combinations as advised. Maybe made a mistake here, should have gone with an "enduro" helmet?

Created a Strava account, didn't find a specifc enduro app, bummer.

Starting looking in French used car classifieds to go for a blue Mercedes sprinter for a "Euro trip" to enduro races, not so easy to find btw and quite pricey. Also had some look at French dictionaries as proposed by another poster to this thread - "A gauche", "a droite" should have me sorted for overtaking, the rest will come.

Checked the local photography and video courses for help on the "sick edit" - Appears no prior knowledge on filming MTB, let alone "enduro" - will need more research here.

And at last, thanks to all of you for the warm welcome to this forum - did my first MTB race in 1990 (on a fully rigid steel frame), so 2015 marks my 26th riding season, always doing what now is refered to as "enduro" and what up to that point I refered to as "going for a ride" - and forgive me my delayed Aprils fools post ;-).

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
buy a new bike, throw it away

buy a new bike with boost 148

throw it away

buy a bike with boost 148 and clearance for 4" tires on 28.2" rims