Quantcast

New here in every sense of the term

Crogers6569

Chimp
Jun 8, 2008
I just moved here about a month and ago now and bought a new bike about 2 weeks ago. I have been riding to work when the weather is nice and have ridden the Bridle Trail greenway from Bellevue to Redmond and back but now Im itching to try some more trails, if it ever stops rainign for a day.

I dont know what I call my riding, I enjoy pushing my limits, riding to work, riding in general. I'm just an all around mountain biker.

I bought a GT Marathon 3 so I could get a feel for what I really need or want to ride the trails I find most enjoyable as well as riding back and forth to work. Only complaint so far is the front fork feels way to mushy when it isnt locked out. Thinking about upgrading a FOX fork.

some pichas of my bike and a bird I shot on a recent ride down to the park in Redmond.

Hope to meet you guys on the trails soon.

Crogers6569

Chimp
Jun 8, 2008
If anyone is going out on a ride in the next couple weekend let me know if you dont mind someone who hasnt ridden much in a while tagging along. BTW I take a lot of pictures so I always tote my camera with me to get some awesome action pics.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
There are multitudes of ride on the local advocacy club BBTC.org. Just look up recreation and choose rides and get in where you fit in. If you want to explore the site has a Trail Wiki that has current info on local trails.

Welcome.

coiler7

Monkey
May 30, 2005
Kent, WA
Great pic of that heron or crane or whatever. anyway, tho a bit far from BV area. you should sometime check out the mostly smooth rolling singletrack in S. Seatac park (SST). there's about 5 miles of separate XC trails that run thru the abandoned neighborhood which can be quite fun once you learn how to link them together. There's no facilities, its not a city park but there is a trailhead parking lot off 200th st. oh, now don't let the pix that get posted here from the adacent flowpark (aka: SST) discourage you if you're not wild about riding DJ or freeride trails. besides, the drops in that section of this park might be a wee bit harsh on your new GT XC bike. tho, since you always pack a camera, the flowpark is great for taking action shots.
Note: if you park down @ the Des Moines Beach park (City facilities), there's a bike path paved trail that takes you all the way up about 1.75 miles to the SST trails. it follows a nice salmon-running creek line (called Des Moines Creek - imagine that) for lotsa photo ops along the way...
Welcome to the area!