My Parade-O-Homes entry:
Gone is the turquoise stripe... :(

Exterior shots for stosh:
Continuation of THIS THREAD...

Was:

Now Finished:

Was:

Now:

Interior doors on the front part of the house are 8-ft tall...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
stinkyboy said:
Nice digs!
The clients are very happy... they looked at it late last week for about 5 minutes, then wanted to put a contract on it.... chaaaaaa-ching!

This baby is SOLD! I've got 2 more to do over the summer.... :rolleyes:
:dancing:

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Excellent. Although light wood with brushed pulls are my favorite the dark looks really nice. I like your choice of fixtures too. Very industrial/contemporary.

I think I maybe ghey for typing all that.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Excellent. Although light wood with brushed pulls are my favorite the dark looks really nice. I like your choice of fixtures too. Very industrial/contemporary.

I think I maybe ghey for typing all that.
Naw... I pick all the stuff out... it's easy. I am trying to get away from the faux-french country crap look that is so popular here... I want to appeal to home buyers who are younger and not wanting something their parents/grand parents want....

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Those granite countertops and the sink was $3k. There is 55_sq ft of stone there... I normally do formica which costs me $850 but I love the stone...

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
N8 said:
Sold it for $187,600 in Shreveport, Louisiana.

Very nice looking house....so do you go in and build from the ground up?

My brother and step father are generals over in GA

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Freak said:
Very nice looking house....so do you go in and build from the ground up?

My brother and step father are generals over in GA
Yes... I build from the ground up and turn key...

GA is a booming market right now...

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Pau11y said:
N8, you wear nail bags for a living or do you just general?

Edit: Very nice place. I wonder tho how it'll look w/ the trim as teal or turquoise to contrast the earth tones...?
I personally think it would look great but MOST people are so scared of color in their homes it's pathetic. People will try to have a unique car but they want their home to look like all the other homes in the subdivision... I've never been able to figure that one out.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
N8 said:
Oh hell no! La sucks bad enough... next move is back to the motherland: Alb/Taos New Mexico
Oh my bad.

The house looks good. My dads GC are new house. We haven't even broken ground yet and its a pain in the ass with the bank and city and all that schit.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
SkaredShtles said:
What do you mean "no one uses"? :confused:

People don't use their kitchens?? :think:

You'd be surprised the number of people who want the kitchen to look nice but say they will never use it... most are quite up-front and matter of fact about it.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
N8 said:
Those granite countertops and the sink was $3k. There is 55_sq ft of stone there... I normally do formica which costs me $850 but I love the stone...
is that a Franke sink?

we went w/ another brand @ a substantial savings, but i can't recall the name right now. another personal preference is to have one very large sink, and one smaller oval-shaped one. two of the same size is really stupid, imo.

n8, if you think that's a lot of granite, you should see my counters and island. :D

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
INFO:
Wood flooring is Mohawk laminate (Weathered Pine). It is tough and looks great and costs to purchase and install as ceramic tile.

Kitchen countertops is 55_sq ft of "Baltic Brown" granite which cost roughly $3k with the undermounted sink.

Wall paint is Sherwin-Williams Duration™ Home washable flat. This is the first time I have used this paint and I am impressed at how it can be scrubbed clean without taking the paint off the wall like most other flat paints do.

Paint shade is Sherwin-Williams "Latte." Ceiling is Kilim Beige (the wall color but 50% lighter).

Cabinets are maple with shaker style doors. They are stained SherwinWilliams "Bistro Walnut" but tinted 75% darker than the norm.

Appliances are GE Profile for the most part.

Kitchen sink faucet is a Delta.

Fireplace surround is travertine. I like it because it is less a lot formal and cold than marble is.

Can't recall who made the pendent lights though...

All items selected by yours truely... no 'designer' needed.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
the make of my sink is Kindred.

btw, SS, our disposal is in the small sink too. my wife's spec, and i didn't win that battle. turns out she's come around to my way of thinking (too late).

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
narlus said:
the make of my sink is Kindred.

btw, SS, our disposal is in the small sink too. my wife's spec, and i didn't win that battle. turns out she's come around to my way of thinking (too late).

The garbage disposal is installed in the right side of the sink 99.9% of the time. The right side of the sink is usually the smaller of the two sides.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
what's the logic behind that? i like the disposal in the large sink. as that's the basin where most of the food trash will be rinsed from the dishes from, right? our right side is the larger one, as the dishwasher is to the right of it.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
narlus said:
what's the logic behind that? i like the disposal in the large sink. as that's the basin where most of the food trash will be rinsed from the dishes from, right? our right side is the larger one, as the dishwasher is to the right of it.

I don't know. Good question though as what you are saying makes sense.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
narlus said:
Ours too. Left is small with the disposal and large on the right and dishwasher left of that. Pisses me off. :angry:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
narlus said:
Yup. I can't believe most of 'em are installed that way. :mad:

It's just plain retarded. N8 - make your guys start installing the disposal in the big sink. :thumb:

We have a dish dryer in our small sink and was dishes in the big one. We might as well not even *have* a disposal.

Of course, we have a compost bin, so we wouldn't really use it much anyway.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
SkaredShtles said:
Yup. I can't believe most of 'em are installed that way. :mad:

It's just plain retarded. N8 - make your guys start installing the disposal in the big sink. :thumb:

We have a dish dryer in our small sink and was dishes in the big one. We might as well not even *have* a disposal.

Of course, we have a compost bin, so we wouldn't really use it much anyway.
FYI:

Ok, I talked to my plumber this morning about this issue. He said the location of the disposal depends on where the drain line of sink is stubbed out of the wall at. The reason being that there is no room for both the drain line and the disposal motor. So if the drain line is on the left, the disposal goes on the right and vice-versa. If you (the client) wanted the disposal on one side or the other, then you need to let your builder know before ground is broken. That way the drain lines can be roughed in at the proper location.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
N8, do contractors in Louisianna still build homes with French doors in every room?

The house I lived in in Baton Rouge had French Doors all along the front of the house and on the back side to.

It was a burglars wet dream.