Quantcast

New hub for my V10

puk

Chimp
Jan 8, 2006
Hi there,

I have a problem, i have a old model V10 (2004).
And i have a hadley rear hub, and the hub is serviced several times but is now giving up his job.

I am looking for a new rear hub but i have no idea where to find a new one.
I am not looking for a new hadley hub, because this one was just a pain in the ass.

I am from Holland ( the flat country with **** weather) so the hubs have to withstand lots of mud and rain.

I have the V10 with floating disc so the hub must be 140 mm wide.

Cheers Pieter

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
The only hub that fits your setup is the Hadley hub since you have the floater. It was custom made for SC.

Your options are:

1) get new parts from Hadley and rebuild again. What parts have you already replaced? What is the problem?

2) buy a used hub. PM me if, I know someone that might have one. Or check ebay.

3) machine a different hub to work. I am thinking you could probably machine down a 150mm hub to work. It would be a ton of work. Way more than it's worth. If you had to pay someone to do this work, it would be cheaper to get a new frame. But if your handy, it would be a fun project.

4) buy the quick release drop outs from SC and switch over to any 135mm QR hub

5) buy the 150mm drop outs without a floating brake for that frame. They didn't make very many of them and at one point they were only available tot he SC team. I think I remember seeing them on the SC website.

I would probably do Option #4

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
try to see if a ringle 150mm will work. mine has a piece that goes on the side that if u leave it out it looks like it wood be 140mm. old 2004 demo 9 stock

puk

Chimp
Jan 8, 2006
The only hub that fits your setup is the Hadley hub since you have the floater. It was custom made for SC.

Your options are:

1) get new parts from Hadley and rebuild again. What parts have you already replaced? What is the problem?

2) buy a used hub. PM me if, I know someone that might have one. Or check ebay.

3) machine a different hub to work. I am thinking you could probably machine down a 150mm hub to work. It would be a ton of work. Way more than it's worth. If you had to pay someone to do this work, it would be cheaper to get a new frame. But if your handy, it would be a fun project.

4) buy the quick release drop outs from SC and switch over to any 135mm QR hub

5) buy the 150mm drop outs without a floating brake for that frame. They didn't make very many of them and at one point they were only available tot he SC team. I think I remember seeing them on the SC website.

I would probably do Option #4
Thanks for the reply,

I have called santa cruz Uk and they have 2 types of drop outs, 1 for QR (not really an option).
And they also have a 150 x 14. (for use without a floating brake).

On the hope and chrisking website i could not not find a 150 x 14 hub.
Do you guy's know where to find one?

I included pictures of the drop outs.

Cheers Pieter

Attachments

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
If you cant find a hub PM me....i know some people that still have thoose old Hadleys laying around.

puk

Chimp
Jan 8, 2006
I think that is the same one as the one i have pictured.
I asked the guy from santa cruz uk is he was for sure it was 14mm, he sad yeah. But he also sad that several brands had the hub.
I will now ask the guy's from santacruz.com if it is 12 mm or 14 mm.
I keep you posted.

I have spoken to santa cruz.com
You are right it is 150 x 12. So that is good news for me.

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Puk,

Why go to the trouble of rebuilding a wheel with a new hub, when you can fix the old hub??

All the internals are replaceable. I rebuilt my hadley a year ago and the only parts that did do get changed was the hub shell and cassette holder.

Alot cheaper then a new hub, and no wheel rebuild.