Quantcast
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Anyone want to place bets on what would happen if demo 9 built his own I9's to the wrong tension and blew up his front wheel breaking half his spokes?

A. Make a thread on RM about how I9 sucks

B. Replace each of his 10 sets with Chris Kings

C. Get his mom to buy him a new set

D. Buy a new DH bike

E. Buy a new tensiometer because it was obviously not HIS fault. (then make a thread on RM about it).

F. All of the above?

Suck it up or buy something else. If you like I9 but can't deal with the policy get J-bends. You don't need to start internet BS about a great company with a solid (albeit expensive) product. Love how everyone hates on alu straight pull wheels when the company made J-bend hubs to cater to either preference.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Anyone want to place bets on what would happen if demo 9 built his own I9's to the wrong tension and blew up his front wheel breaking half his spokes?

A. Make a thread on RM about how I9 sucks

B. Replace each of his 10 sets with Chris Kings

C. Get his mom to buy him a new set

D. Buy a new DH bike

E. Buy a new tensiometer because it was obviously not HIS fault. (then make a thread on RM about it).

F. All of the above?

Suck it up or buy something else. If you like I9 but can't deal with the policy get J-bends. You don't need to start internet BS about a great company with a solid (albeit expensive) product. Love how everyone hates on alu straight pull wheels when the company made J-bend hubs to cater to either preference.
hey E thug, did you miss the part where i have already built some of their wheels, its not rocket science. (hell, you dont even need the rim to have the spokes line up) If you go back a few pages, you can see 1 of the sets i built myself. (although i do have my masters degree in building straight pull bike wheels)

PS, my mom only pays shipping, my dad buys my parts, every single one of them, just as a matter of fact, im so mad that im going to go buy TWO! moar dh bikes, they will both have purple spokez and both be payed off by sandbagging a local sport race near you :rolleyes:

^ do not try without a college degree

Last edited:

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
PS, my mom only pays shipping, my dad buys my parts, every single one of them, just as a matter of fact, im so mad that im going to go buy TWO! moar dh bikes, they will both have purple spokez and both be payed off by sandbagging a local sport race near you :rolleyes:
thats the spirit. :thumb: if you keep feedin em they keep comin back. play along and they will get bored and move on to the next victim of the month.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
First off, let me introduce myself. My name is Jeff and I am the Operations Manager for Industry Nine. There are some misconceptions and misinformation here that I would like to correct.

In regards to small parts sales: we sell repair parts (including spokes) through bike shops or direct to customers. This way customers who prefer to work on their own products can do so.

In regards to complete wheel sales: we only sell complete wheelsets through bike shops.

In regards to build kits (hub and spoke kits, not including rims, for complete wheel builds to be done remotely): If the bike shop is an established dealership with a history of selling/servicing our products, we will sell them a build kit. In this particular case, the OP was working at a shop that did not have an established dealer history with us. Therefore, we would not sell him the build kit.
Our wheels are quite simple to build, but they do require a tensiometer to ensure accurate spoke tension. A wheelset is only as good as its builder, therefore we choose to work with established dealerships to ensure the highest possible quality control.

To summarize: If you need to replace some spokes in your wheelset, we will gladly provide you with the products to do so. If you need to re-build a complete wheel, we prefer that be handled at an I9 dealership or by us in-house.
P.S. This is not a "new" policy. It has always been our policy.

Ihad a feeling this was more the case. Its like when my shop I part time at calls mavic to do a complete build.... couple of certified in teh shop that can do it, so they sell it to us....... Glad you came on here and posted...... Makes alot of sense.

So I am also curious, what would it take for our shop to be able to do complete builds?

Status
Not open for further replies.