Quantcast

New Ideas for gear? any space for improvement?

akiratdk

Chimp
Jan 22, 2008
Cali
Hello everyone!!!

My name is Sean and I am a Design Student at Pasadena Art Center.
For this year I am trying to do design some bike gear (hard and soft) for a class to ideate new stuff or better for us to use and have fun while we are protected!! 

My first assignment is to do some research about what you guys think about the brand of Vans Pro-Tec helmets and protective gear to start off. I can be good and/or bad because your feedback is the utmost important input for us to create better products for you guys!!~~~~ :busted:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is there anything you guys might want to add or subtract with the Vans Pro-Tec Brand?

Technology?
(Blue Tooth, GPS, Electronic Gauges…ect…anything goes! Maybe a Sony PS3 integrated into the helmet? Hehehehe. Crazier the better)

Mechanism?
(New ways to tighten gear such as using a turn dial…. New components for better control such as having shock absorbers like Nike Air?)

Style?
(New colors, patterns, or materials…. Like carbon fiber, mesh fabric, metals…ect.)

Also is there anything that we should take out that is annoying the crap out of you?

I am here to listen and change it for all of ya~~~~ and your voice is very important and respected.

Cheers!~~

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
I have an old pro-tec helmet that I love because it's light simple cheap, and indestructible. It's not one-time use foam like most real helmets.
To the point, I left it under some heavy stuff and it got pinched and deformed a bit. The next time I used it it hugged my head much better because I was stretching it out to the sides to get my noggin in it. I'd like to see a helmet that does this on purpose. Nothing distracts more than your helmet moving around while you're trying to do something dangerous.

akiratdk

Chimp
Jan 22, 2008
Cali
I see~~~ thanks W00dy~~
So something that can deform and custom fit it to match your head size would be good? I can definetally see a potential in that.
Heat up the helmet and have the foam mold to your head shape and when its cooled walla~~~ its now your helmet!!! hehehehe.
Thanks for the input~~ I really appreciate it.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
How about a helmet with a built in protective shell and mounts for a camera? It'll look goofy but it's better than the good ole' duct tape method. Protect the melon and protect the cam!