Quantcast

New Intense rig

old ol

Monkey
Apr 12, 2006
That is one sick looking bike.... Bicycest it was fun riding with you today, im usually not that slow, (head ache.....lol)

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
It was awesome! My buddy's bike got jacked up though. The bolt on his 7point's lower link backed out and so he had a ton of play in his linkage.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
geo of a m3 with 8.5 in of travel at a weight of a 6.6:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: reminds me of the 1.5 head tube m3 with a travis form interbike last year.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Transcend said:
It's a tweaked 6.6. Probably custom geometry and a VERY small size. No need for the gussets on a tiny sized frame.
I'm with you Transcend, I think I recall seeing info about it being the front end of a 6.6 with an Uzzi rear triangle.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
<big movie hype voice>
In a land where chairlifts no longer exist and nationals are held in the ghetto, one bike is born to save SoCal DH racing from extinction
</end hype>:rofl:

All kidding aside, its a damn cool idea and I'd love to give it a spin.:)

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
looks cool as fook. I want one would be perfect for the sort of flat dh we have here in ireland. Fits perfectly between my 04 enduro sx and my dh bike.

ilfreerider

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
israel
strait from intense's web site :

The Highly anticipated SOCOM (6.66) is close to being in production. A final prototype has just been released to R and D for final approval. It will have Eight point five inches of travel and run about a pound lighter than the UZZI but handle like the M3!!"

check out this new pic of the proto , one of the best looking bikes ive seen in a long time-

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Turd Ferguson said:
VP-Free?

That's been out for years.
So has the Uzzi VPX. The point is this is even lighter than either of those and has race, not freeride, geometry. The VP Free has a 14.8 inch bb height and a steepish 67 degree headtube angle. The M3 has a 14.125 inch bb and a slightly less steepish 66.5 degree head angle. Im guessing with an inch less travel the BB on the Socom will probably be even lower than the M3, most likely 13 something. If they keep the HA around the same as the M3 it should be a great carver. The real question is how will it hold up under all the hacks who think their good enough to ride a 38 pound race bike but arent (I'm included in this category).

Also, in terms of that grey one looking short... Based on the distance between the pedal and the front tire and comparing that to how the M3 on the intense site looks, they seem to be pretty damn close to me. Af course making guesses about geo based on small pictures on the internet is an assinine excersise anyway, but what the hell.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
saw it in person on saturday at a demo booth for a bike shop opening. it looked sweet. i did not throw a leg over it, but it did look nice.

i did throw my leg over a 6.6 - man was that NICE! it made me reconsider my bottlerocket purchase plan. sure, it would be an extra $1,000 bucks, but it is only money... right?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
mandown said:
i did throw my leg over a 6.6 - man was that NICE! it made me reconsider my bottlerocket purchase plan. sure, it would be an extra $1,000 bucks, but it is only money... right?
dont ever say such a thing.