Quantcast

New Intense Website

djamgils

Monkey
Aug 31, 2007
Holland
when I open the site the m6 is in front of the socom. doesn't give you a good overview over the models.
and when I try to click on the learn more everything moves. so it isn't really easy to click on it.
but after some more clicking I found out that there is a good overview when you click on the bikes. but it took too long to find out.

but nevertheles a great improvement over the old site.

J

Monkey
Dec 7, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
I agree its hard to click on the bikes. Maybe instead of having the cursor motion rotate the line up have some arrows to click on. Thats my only complaint-- overall it looks awesome, great job!

skiforfree33

Monkey
Mar 15, 2007
colorado
I had no problem clicking on the bikes.

I think it would sick if, say you are looking at the m6 and you click the color options and the m6 frame would change colors to the color that you click on. So that you can see the frame in colors that are offered

springfish

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Hood River, Oregon
Right now, staging another photo shoot to show all the color options isn't going to happen. However we have a plan that will allow a user to see their bike choice in every color that I feel will be more creative and interesting than your typical color selector.

skiforfree33

Monkey
Mar 15, 2007
colorado
Right now, staging another photo shoot to show all the color options isn't going to happen. However we have a plan that will allow a user to see their bike choice in every color that I feel will be more creative and interesting than your typical color selector.
Nice!!!
the site is SICK!

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
No VPX in '08 eh?
The site seems slick.
I had some dead navigation button after clicking on an individual bike and trying to go back to the bikes (small red "bikes" text in upper left)

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Awesome job with that! Flash is such a bitch to learn... Maybe slow down the scrolling slightly on the index page...it moves quick.

I :cupidarrow: the Socom.

edit: It is kind of wide being like 1250px? wide..but I don't have an issue on my monitor. You could have a separate stylesheet for people using smaller resolution.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
springfish, good to see you're still around. I see you're in the PNW now... quite a change from PA :)

Cool site. I don't love flash, but I think in this case & for this audience, it works.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Your site is too wide for my monitor. The first page alone is only 2/3 visible. I have a 12" screen iBook, but it shows the majority of websites in full. I think it's 1080 px wide, but could be wrong on that.

Also, I find it frustrating when trying to mouse over a bike. A simpler, still palette for bike navigation would be a bit easier. Plus, it'd be easier to add new models down the road.

As for the color of the frame, just Photoshop it. It won't be perfect, but it appears that's all Santa Cruz does on their website, and people love their color picker.

Good job though, the site looks fresh and clean. Plus, the M6 is my new favorite bike, and you guys waste no time getting to the chase. That's awesome!

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
The VPX is greyed out at all times on my screen. The scrolling is a bit touchy and the bikes hidden behind the one up front has already been mentioned.

I like the site, very cool.

So, the Tazer is no more? Bummer.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
I cannot possibly tell you how much I dislike the flash at the start. Not necessarily the idea, but how its executed.

Instead of having it so fluid, why not make it so that its more blocky? what i mean is, instead of having the bikes float so loosely, why not make it so that they pop into position, and lock there. This would eliminate the random floating side to side when you are trying to get to the details, and would also aleviate the nausea that at least 2 people I have sent the site to have reported (swear to god).

Otherwise, good job on finally putting up details on the bikes. Amazing that a company like intense took so long just to give people easy access to the details that they'd want to know.

Urinal Mint

Monkey
Oct 10, 2003
Washington
Yep, hate the scrolling business. I am on my work computer, and only two thirds of the site shows up horizontally. Couple that with scrolling bikes = a nightmare of a site. Trying to scroll the bottom bar as well as the bikes will make anyone crazy. I had to close the site before I even got past the first page. My work computer has 1024x768 res. I would definitely recommend making the site viewable on that resolution, cuz there are still lots of people out there with old school computers running low resolution. That said, the site looked awesome on my laptop with 1920x1200 res, but I'm still not a fan of the scrolling bikes. Also, the blurred out bikes in the background appear pixelated. Clean those up a bit, and make the left/right buttons to scroll, and I would like the site much more! Definitely a good start!

BTW, that SS is :drool:

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
I had no problem clicking on the bikes.

I think it would sick if, say you are looking at the m6 and you click the color options and the m6 frame would change colors to the color that you click on. So that you can see the frame in colors that are offered
I think it would be awesome to be able to click on a bike color and actually see the bike change. That is a really good idea! I thought about that before too.

Vena

Monkey
Aug 30, 2007
Italy
I like the site, but not the homepage...it gives me the idea that the M6 is your only good bike...the others are tiny and unfocused, do you want to hide them?

The homepage should give me emotions about the Intense brand, focus it over one bike isnt the best choice.

Alloy

Monkey
Aug 13, 2004
thousand oaks, ca
The site looks ok the copy and bike descriptions are horrendous. For example the m6 description doesn't really say anything about the bike. For your average rider "benchmark in DH" doesn't communicate anything they can picture. You should focus more on telling specifics... like what kind of bearings it uses, was it hand crafted in the US by a skilled worker? How did the engineers get the perfect geometry? ...A bike is a big purchase and when making a big purchase most people want to know everything they can about what they're buying. Also you should have detailed pictures. Right now people will go the website, check it out, then do a Google search to find more information.... then ask their wife, then check the bank account and by that time they have already rationalized themselves out of buying that sweet new bike. To get the best results, give tons of information then at the end have links to 3 online retailers they can buy from right now.

antm

Chimp
Jul 15, 2004
miami, fl
Nice page. The bikes look amazing. But, I might have to take some dramamine next time I want to check out the site. Seriously, it made me nauseous!:shocked:

Orfen

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
UP, michigan
I cannot possibly tell you how much I dislike the flash at the start. Not necessarily the idea, but how its executed.

Instead of having it so fluid, why not make it so that its more blocky? what i mean is, instead of having the bikes float so loosely, why not make it so that they pop into position, and lock there. This would eliminate the random floating side to side when you are trying to get to the details, and would also aleviate the nausea that at least 2 people I have sent the site to have reported (swear to god).

Otherwise, good job on finally putting up details on the bikes. Amazing that a company like intense took so long just to give people easy access to the details that they'd want to know.

:imstupid: I feel the same way about the new Yeti site.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Its funny, but the Yeti site doesn't bother me nearly as much. Stuff is spaced out quite a bit more, but the flash stuff isn't nearly so overwhelming. I preferred the older site, but to each thier own I suppose.

springfish

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Hood River, Oregon
The width of the site has been reduced and we've added a button on the bike detail pages to view an enlarged bike.

Remember, for those of you with weak stomachs, you can always just click 'bikes' from the top nav and save your lunch! :)

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Wow! Long time no see. Good to hear from you dude, are you still rocking a Nicolai?
I'm not on the nicolai anymore... instead opting for the increased versatility of an Evil Sovereign... see the pics in my sig.

pdawg

Monkey
Feb 27, 2006
Espoo, Finland
The navigation is somewhat slippery, not quite a flash fan. However, content, graphics, colors, are very vivid... good stuff. btw, link to full size image of the socom does not seem to work. I guess I have to buy one and take my own pictures. :biggrin:

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I like the 'Bikes' page, but the Uzzi image doesn't match the others. It has no contrast.

I think the flash on the index page would be better w/o any bikes selected at first.