Quantcast

New iPhone App for Helmet Cam!

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
Interesting. Does the camera have WiFi?
According to the article apparently not yet. It's also got an app coming out for the Android soon.

its via bluetooth. and for some reason, when the live image is displayed on the iphone/ipod, picture quality is very choppy.
I'm not sure if it does play back, that would require the camera to have playback capability which probably would make the camera too big to house that extra capability, but it does do real time vid. I imagine if you attached your iPhone to your bars, you could watch yourself ride. Why, I don't know. But the idea of being able to aim your cam and SEE EXACTLY what it's going to film AND be able to change the settings while it's still mounted to your helmet, I think is a great idea! And considering you're watching Hi Def vid on your iPhone as it's happening, via blue tooph, I'd think it wouldn't take a genius to figure out why it's jumpy. You're transmitting video over the air to your phone. There's GOING to be a delay. Just put your cell camera on and pan fast and you'll see jumpy. Other than riding around with a satellite on your water pack, I don't think anyone has come up with a great way of fixing that "jumpiness" you're talking about. And personally, minus analog, I don't think it will ever happen any time soon. That signal has to be processed into digital information and then transmitted over the air to your iPhone, then processed again and processed into play back. Obviously there's going to be "jumpy" and delay I would think. That's not the point to the app I would think. It's about controlling the cam from your phone, and seeing where you're pointed so you don't ride down hill and get home and find out you filmed the sky. :hmm:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
You're transmitting video over the air to your phone. There's GOING to be a delay. Just put your cell camera on and pan fast and you'll see jumpy. Other than riding around with a satellite on your water pack, I don't think anyone has come up with a great way of fixing that "jumpiness" you're talking about. And personally, minus analog, I don't think it will ever happen any time soon. That signal has to be processed into digital information and then transmitted over the air to your iPhone, then processed again and processed into play back. Obviously there's going to be "jumpy" and delay I would think.
false. on all accounts.
bluetooth video transfer on other devices is not choppy, nor is anything on a good wifi signal.
the "jumpiness" on cheaper cameras doesnt have anything to do with wireless transfer either, nor do i really see it at all on my iphone.
the technology has happened and is happening right now.

Big J

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Chicago
Thats one way to do it. This last weekend I say a proto of a case that allows you to utilize your iPhone as an action cam, very cool idea.

I guess there's a thread on pinkbike.

J

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
false. on all accounts.
bluetooth video transfer on other devices is not choppy, nor is anything on a good wifi signal. The "jumpiness" on cheaper cameras doesnt have anything to do with wireless transfer either, nor do i really see it at all on my iphone.
the technology has happened and is happening right now.
Oh, I'm sorry. I had no idea you are the mastermind behind the development and technology and just didn't consult with them in pre production meetings. My bad. I'll call Steve Jobs and Contour directing them to your profile to consult with you to get it right. :phone::lazy:

I forgot how many self proclaimed geniuses are on here.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Oh, I'm sorry. I had no idea you are the mastermind behind the development and technology and just didn't consult with them in pre production meetings. My bad. I'll call Steve Jobs and Contour directing them to your profile to consult with you to get it right. :phone::lazy:

I forgot how many self proclaimed geniuses are on here.
so sorry you got butthurt when someone corrected your statement full of unintelligent and wrong assumptions. there was nothing in that statement that was remotely correct. i was just trying to prevent bad info from spreading.