Quantcast

New iPods 9-12-06 !

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I figured this would be a great lounge topic to get some discussion going. I just had this photo sent to me, i know it could be hoax, tons of them flew around for a while but I have a feeling this one might be legit. Looks like i might be making a new purchase in the next few days if true.

Virtual scroll wheel.:cheers:

Attachments

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Supposedly it's a picture of a video iPod on the banner. If you look on the right hand side of it, you can see the same scroll wheel layout as the current iPods have - except it's on a touch screen, so it's semi-transparent over the video screen.

Cool idea, but it's to be seen how well it works in practice. MP3 players take a lot of day-to-day wear, and touch screens aren't exactly the most durable things in the world.

Tame Ape: almost guaranteed that it's not flash memory. Storage space is still to expensive to do a 30 or 60 or 80gb flash device.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Supposedly it's a picture of a video iPod on the banner. If you look on the right hand side of it, you can see the same scroll wheel layout as the current iPods have - except it's on a touch screen, so it's semi-transparent over the video screen.

Cool idea, but it's to be seen how well it works in practice. MP3 players take a lot of day-to-day wear, and touch screens aren't exactly the most durable things in the world.

Tame Ape: almost guaranteed that it's not flash memory. Storage space is still to expensive to do a 30 or 60 or 80gb flash device.
no full flash = no me want

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY

So... are you telling me I need to get an implant IN my brain or just on the skull under the skin?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Im betting the big guy will be 80 to 100gb of space, and thinner than the current 60 gb, I am someone who can use all 100gb so this device is a god send.

Props to apple for continuing to make incredible devices. I have a 4th gen ipod that is still being put through 2 years of hell and running strong.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
no full flash = no me want
Good luck with that. Storage capacities of that size that are fully flash based are still years off. That's my guess anyway :). The technology exists for high capacity flash memory, but it's too expensive and too bulky.

stosh, brain implants are mandatory with all Apple products. :bonk:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Good luck with that. Storage capacities of that size that are fully flash based are still years off. That's my guess anyway :)

stosh, brain implants are mandatory with all Apple products. :bonk:

Will I know it if I have one already?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
edit - the imac hangs over the edge of the banner. Fake.

Also, we probably won't see a product announcement tomorrow. It is an Itunes movie announcement. I am still hoping for an 8gb nano though.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Props to apple for continuing to make incredible devices. I have a 4th gen ipod that is still being put through 2 years of hell and running strong.

See, stosh? I told you brain implants were mandatory.

Apparently this unreleased, unspec'd, untested and unknown MP3 player is an "incredible device" ;)

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
edit - the imac hangs over the edge of the banner. Fake.

Also, we probably won't see a product announcement tomorrow. It is an Itunes movie announcement. I am still hoping for an 8gb nano though.
I hope you are wrong, but i see what you are talking about...

8gb nano would be tight.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY

See, stosh? I told you brain implants were mandatory.

Apparently this unreleased, unspec'd, untested and unknown MP3 player is an "incredible device" ;)
Wow.... I had this urge to buy one yesterday before I even knew they didn't exist.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
...of which you have still not provided acceptable quality pics.

:picsstfu:
I'm done taking pics for 2 weeks. In 2 weeks from now, I have to start shooting football and it's back to the grind. I went away this weekend for the first time in 2 years and left all of my camera gear at home.

You'll just have to deal with underlit, 2mp camera phone pictures.

edit: I did go to the first mac store opening in Canada outside of Toronto though on saturday. Stood in line for an hour (first thousand got a free t shirt). It wa sa friggin nerd extravanganza. I didn't know so many ugly people knew how to use computers. They took photos, clapped, screamed, shot video and watched stuff on their laptops...IN LINE.

Kill me now.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
edit: I did go to the first mac store opening in Canada outside of Toronto though on saturday. Stood in line for an hour (first thousand got a free t shirt). It wa sa friggin nerd extravanganza. I didn't know so many ugly people knew how to use computers. They took photos, clapped, screamed, shot video and watched stuff on their laptops...IN LINE.

Kill me now.
ouch.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I am still calling transcend out on this one, in hopes that i am right...

Like i said in the beginning i really have no clue though.

Fraser are you going to get a 30?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i would like to see a new iPod come out. hopefully then the price of the 5Gs would drop.

though, refurbished 5Gs can be had from Apple for $200, with 1yr warranty as well as AppleCare (for another $100).