Quantcast

New iPods 9-12-06 !

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Ok...I'll clear things up. That unverified pic was supposedly taken inside the conference centre where Apple will be making some announcements today.

The primary announcement is expected to be iTunes Video, which will let people download movies from the iTunes store (if you go there now the store is close and simply says "It's showtime."). This pic has started rumours that along with that announcement there will be a release of a new iPod with a full video screen.

The conference takes place later today.

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Ok, it's time for some last-minute rumor mongering.

"...Let's just say I have been informed by a little reliable birdy about Tomorrow's event. The line-up will follow this similar structure:

• Welcoming of Media Members
  • Discussion on iTunes software, iTMS integration into iTunes, and iTMS sales and facts.
  • Announcement of iTunes version 7.0
  • Announces better search feature for Music Store
  • Announces Movie Store. Available Immediately will be movies from Disney and Pixar, among other studios.
  • New iPod Nano Announcement (nice brushed casing, while it will have same features as first gen, only a longer battery life)
  • New iPod Announcement (Widescreen, Bluetooth, and featuring virtual touchweel. Does not include Wi-Fi, or any other protocols)
  • One More Thing....TubePort. A $99 2-piece set that includes a dongle that connects via USB to your mac, and another dongle that connects via included HD cables or regular Component cables to your TV. The movie is accessed on your Mac via an iDisk-like storage component hosted by Apple.

Jobs will then explain the pricing structure of the Movie Store. Movies will be available as either a smaller iPod-format (which will cost $9.99 per movie), or as a larger, streamed movie to be streamed to your TV via TubePort. This cost $14.99 per movie. To purchase an iPod-formatted movie and a streamed version of the same movie, it will cost you $19.99."

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
2 years?!? Wow. Incredible longevity on a consumer electronic device........ :clue: :p
I really dont care about your opinion of the iPod, i just know that i have punished it day in and day out with no problem and love mine. I am excited to get a new one, and hope that RM's post is accurate.

:cheers:

I am having dinner around the corner from our apple store tonight, looks like i might be stopping in and dropping the credit card down.

The conference goes off at 10:00 AM PST today.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
what a cool job that would be.
the guy that hacks the dvd movie and converts it to ipod format.

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
If my "cool" you mean "tedious and boring".

Insert disk, hit "Rip" button, wait 2 hours, hit "Compress", wait 2 hours. Lunch. Repeat.

30 mins until the conference starts...

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
If my "cool" you mean "tedious and boring".

Insert disk, hit "Rip" button, wait 2 hours, hit "Compress", wait 2 hours. Lunch. Repeat.

30 mins until the conference starts...
right, wait as in playing Quake or something. you bet

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
then get out of the thread...paying $15 for a cd because you only like 1 song is a waste of money as well...

Dude, I can damned well comment if I like.

And further note that I never said I would pay 15 bucks for a CD. I think it's utterly ridiculous that all these idiots in society have to be so disconnected from the world at all times of the day that they jam buds in their ears and crank up whatever crap they happen to have transferred to their overly expensive, minature status symbol. There's nothing so wrong with life that you can't pull the damned headphones out and listen to what's happening around you. If you're stuck in a long car trip or on a plane, that's one thing. If you're walking down the street in Manhattan, take the goddamned things out of your ears and actually pay attention to your surroundings.

I love it when you have to say "excuse me" to someone 4 times because they can't hear you with their IPOD headphones stuck in their ears. I love it when people run into you because they're watching the latest episode of Johnny Jerkoff on their video Ipod while walking down the hall. The damned things don't do anything except detach you from society at the most inopportune times.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
...or maybe people just like music Rob? :rolleyes:

I never said it's not ok to like music. It is NOT ok to cut yourself off from the rest of the world when there are other people around you. I have major problems with people who do this and assume that the world revolves around them enough that everyone will give them way due to the aura afforded to them by their godly Ipod.

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I never said it's not ok to like music. It is NOT ok to cut yourself off from the rest of the world when there are other people around you. I have major problems with people who do this and assume that the world revolves around them enough that everyone will give them way due to the aura afforded to them by their godly Ipod.
They just like music Rob. :brow:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
So when someone agrees it's all good, but when they disagree about the frivolousness of this fad, we're pissy and need a beer? :rolleyes:

There's no music so important that you need to be plugged into it all day long like a cyborg.
Dude, I can damned well comment if I like.

And further note that I never said I would pay 15 bucks for a CD. I think it's utterly ridiculous that all these idiots in society have to be so disconnected from the world at all times of the day that they jam buds in their ears and crank up whatever crap they happen to have transferred to their overly expensive, minature status symbol. There's nothing so wrong with life that you can't pull the damned headphones out and listen to what's happening around you. If you're stuck in a long car trip or on a plane, that's one thing. If you're walking down the street in Manhattan, take the goddamned things out of your ears and actually pay attention to your surroundings.

I love it when you have to say "excuse me" to someone 4 times because they can't hear you with their IPOD headphones stuck in their ears. I love it when people run into you because they're watching the latest episode of Johnny Jerkoff on their video Ipod while walking down the hall. The damned things don't do anything except detach you from society at the most inopportune times.
when someone goes off like that, they need a beer.

and isn't the internet just as bad as an iPod, if not worse? why not hate on the internet?

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
when someone goes off like that, they need a beer.

and isn't the internet just as bad as an iPod, if not worse? why not hate on the internet?

Well, I could USE a beer, not necessarily NEED it. :brows:

At least with the internet the inconsiderate morons are confined to chairs and not wandering around aimlessly. And the intarweb does have a few legitimate uses.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
cell phones and Blackberries? children? those are all distractions. personally, i have more issues with people and cell phones than i do with iPods. i run into problems with folks and their children, also, more than i do with hipsters and iPods.

i'm off to go have a beer.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
So when someone agrees it's all good, but when they disagree about the frivolousness of this fad, we're pissy and need a beer? :rolleyes:

There's no music so important that you need to be plugged into it all day long like a cyborg.
No, you need a beer. Calm down Beavis.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
cell phones and Blackberries? children? those are all distractions. personally, i have more issues with people and cell phones than i do with iPods. i run into problems with folks and their children, also, more than i do with hipsters and iPods.

i'm off to go have a beer.
Cell phones I've never had much of a problem with. At least they can hear you out of one ear. Children can be heard from a long way away and can easily be avoided.

Beer sounds good. Maybe I can find something cold and soothing in the fridge.

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
Cell phones I've never had much of a problem with. At least they can hear you out of one ear. Children can be heard from a long way away and can easily be avoided.

Beer sounds good. Maybe I can find something cold and soothing in the fridge.

Cell phones don't bother you but Ipods do? Ipods that make no sound? You must live in N8's twisted alternate universe.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Cell phones don't bother you but Ipods do? Ipods that make no sound? You must live in N8's twisted alternate universe.
No offense man, but you didn't read the thread clearly enough, or I'm not making myself clear enough. It's the PEOPLE using said items that annoy me, not the items by themselves.

And clearly, there isn't an iPod or other MP3 player owner in the world who can listen to it respectfully and responsibly.

Right?
I'm sure there are. When that becomes the norm, I'll quit complaining about it. :D

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
No offense man, but you didn't read the thread clearly enough, or I'm not making myself clear enough. It's the PEOPLE using said items that annoy me, not the items by themselves.
I just don't get it. You walk up to complete strangers and expect they owe you a conversation or something? I'm at a complete loss as to how someone listening to music could be a problem for you.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
I just don't get it. You walk up to complete strangers and expect they owe you a conversation or something? I'm at a complete loss as to how someone listening to music could be a problem for you.
You missed my point man.

I walk up to someone and ask them to please "excuse me so I can get by", and they ignore me until I have to yell at them. And then they look at me like I'm depriving them of 10 seconds of their music by asking them to let me get by/get to the counter/get to the coffee machine/whatever. Why on EARTH would I want to converse with these people?

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
You missed my point man.

I walk up to someone and ask them to please "excuse me so I can get by", and they ignore me until I have to yell at them. And then they look at me like I'm depriving them of 10 seconds of their music by asking them to let me get by/get to the counter/get to the coffee machine/whatever. Why on EARTH would I want to converse with these people?
So does that happen on a daily basis? Where do you live? Cybertron?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
spoken like a true velvet revolver/guns 'n' roses fan.

i find it funny that you don't get annoyed by johnny blowhard yelling into his cell phone so loud you can smell what he had for lunch, but someone listening to music you can't hear is worse? what sort of interactions do you routinely expect from strangers on the street or subway?

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
So does that happen on a daily basis? Where do you live? Cybertron?
It's called "cafeteria that's 75 square feet with 75 people jammed into it".

spoken like a true velvet revolver/guns 'n' roses fan.

i find it funny that you don't get annoyed by johnny blowhard yelling into his cell phone so loud you can smell what he had for lunch, but someone listening to music you can't hear is worse? what sort of interactions do you routinely expect from strangers on the street or subway?
Personal jab aside, which was uncalled for, I am able to avoid people yelling on their cell phones. If I can't avoid them, at least they can HEAR me when I ask them politely to move. They don't have to yank a bud out of their ear and say "Dude, WHAT?" when I yell at them the 4th time I've asked them to move.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I most commonly use my iPod in my car. It is fawesome. (not with earphones, don't have a bird....)

iPods are far from useless inventions. Plus, they've got this really cool clickwheel! Have you tried it?!

What it does need, however, is a radio tuner. Updating podcasts all the time is a bit of a pain.