Quantcast

New iPods 9-12-06 !

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
please enthrall us w/ more gripping tales of hanging out in the platinum lounge w/ daddy, mr superiority complex.
Like I said, you don't like it, don't read it. You've got an ignore button that works on me, don't you?

And I'll point out....you're not making any point about inconsiderate people with Ipods stuck in their ears. You're just throwing sand like a little snot in a sandbox.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
i'm not the one crying about personal jabs, just pointing out the hypocrisy of yr post, mr kettle.
Hypocracy of what post? That I'm annoyed when people are inconsiderate? That I have a different taste in music than what YOU deem to be "good"? You're right, I don't happen to listen to the same thing you do. Does that mean that if you're "l33t" in the music world it gives you the right to be an inconsiderate jerkoff?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
the hypocrisy is that you accused me of some sort of elitism.

and i'm an inconsiderate jerkoff for making fun of some washed up losers w/ hair extensions and drug problems? you really are such a tender, delicate, creature.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
the hypocrisy is that you accused me of some sort of elitism.

and i'm an inconsiderate jerkoff for making fun of some washed up losers w/ hair extensions and drug problems? you really are such a tender, delicate, creature.
I don't care what you think of them. If you don't like them, that's just thrilling. You're no better than I am for listening to obscure music produced by obscure musicians. People of all kinds listen to all kinds of music. So I'm a loser for listening to XXX musical group. I guess everyone else on the planet that listens to them is a loser too? Nice to be judged on something so trivial. :rolleyes: Very cosmopolitan of you.

And yet you still manage to skirt around the actual topic at hand.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
...and by "new iPods" you mean "the exact same iPod with a better display and better battery life", not the fancy touchscreen device that everyone was hoping for :)

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
...and by "new iPods" you mean "the exact same iPod with a better display and better battery life", not the fancy touchscreen device that everyone was hoping for :)
Exactly. Hype-o-rama proceeded by let-down-o-rama...

I want an iPod that has a Bang and Olaffson(sp?) style glass touch screen with a metal case. Durable, heavy, quality feel. That would be cool. I kept my mini rather than get a nano (theft replacement) cause the nano seemed so flimsy. 6 gig too... And a radio tuner as I mentioned earlier...

With all this enormous memory, would it be plausible to throw in some GPS technology and make it fit? that big screen would work for a thing like that, no? I'm toying with the idea of a GPS for hiking, kayaking and all that. An iPlot?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
You can already get GPS devices with touch screens that will allow you to put MP3s on them. My dad's Garmin Nuvi has an MP3 player built in and an SD card slot.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Speaking of cell phones, our office courier is here to pick up paychecks. His cell phone just rang. He's got it cranked loud, with Ozzy's "Crazy Train" as the ring tone.

"ALL ABOOOOOOARD, HAHAHAHAHA!"

LMAO! When it rang, it scared the bejeesus out of me.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Dude, I can damned well comment if I like.

And further note that I never said I would pay 15 bucks for a CD. I think it's utterly ridiculous that all these idiots in society have to be so disconnected from the world at all times of the day that they jam buds in their ears and crank up whatever crap they happen to have transferred to their overly expensive, minature status symbol. There's nothing so wrong with life that you can't pull the damned headphones out and listen to what's happening around you. If you're stuck in a long car trip or on a plane, that's one thing. If you're walking down the street in Manhattan, take the goddamned things out of your ears and actually pay attention to your surroundings.

I love it when you have to say "excuse me" to someone 4 times because they can't hear you with their IPOD headphones stuck in their ears. I love it when people run into you because they're watching the latest episode of Johnny Jerkoff on their video Ipod while walking down the hall. The damned things don't do anything except detach you from society at the most inopportune times.
Maybe they just don't want to listen to self righteous, self important morons like you? Just a thought. I know I'd keep mine cranked up around you.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
And further note that I never said I would pay 15 bucks for a CD. I think it's utterly ridiculous that all these idiots in society have to be so disconnected from the world at all times of the day that they jam buds in their ears and crank up whatever crap they happen to have transferred to their overly expensive, minature status symbol. There's nothing so wrong with life that you can't pull the damned headphones out and listen to what's happening around you. If you're stuck in a long car trip or on a plane, that's one thing. If you're walking down the street in Manhattan, take the goddamned things out of your ears and actually pay attention to your surroundings.

I love it when you have to say "excuse me" to someone 4 times because they can't hear you with their IPOD headphones stuck in their ears. I love it when people run into you because they're watching the latest episode of Johnny Jerkoff on their video Ipod while walking down the hall. The damned things don't do anything except detach you from society at the most inopportune times.
I avoid walking around with my Ipod because it seems like a good way to get jumped, whether it is my boss with some lousy task or a hoodlum on the street.

I have been recently riding with my Ipod, both road and the trail. I really enjoy listening to music on the long boring stretches of any ride. And I have noticed I am a little faster on the descents when I am listening to the right song.

But whenever anyone gives me sh|t about listening to an Ipod, I mention how I have been riding for 20 years without music, so whatever I am supposed to listen to I've heard it already.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I'm actually being a complete and utter useless and inconsiderate jerkoff, who has wasted my money. Right now. As I type this.

And to make matters worse, I'm even listening to some "obscure" band that released records on a small, independant label; who are playing live this weekend at a small, trashy club where I will most certainly meet and socialize with other inconsiderate jerkoffs, who may or may not be acting inconsiderately.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
We put the listing for these up on our site yesterday, but have received conflicting info from Apple as to what the true story on the new click wheel is. I wouldn't be surprised if we wait for ages on these pre-orders. From what I understand, the virtual wheel didn't work in production.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I'm actually being a complete and utter useless and inconsiderate jerkoff, who has wasted my money. Right now. As I type this.

And to make matters worse, I'm even listening to some "obscure" band that released records on a small, independant label; who are playing live this weekend at a small, trashy club where I will most certainly meet and socialize with other inconsiderate jerkoffs, who may or may not be acting inconsiderately.
Is it Herman's Hideaway? :D

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I settled on a 30gb 5.5g video. Ordered yesterday. Same price as the 8gb nano, so screw that.
Awesome i will be ordering my black 80 gb in the next few weeks.

I'll be sure to keep the packaging in good shape so i can ebay the device should the virtual wheel models drop in a reasonable time frame.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
yeah it's that crap that just keeps me out of the lounge and RM in general sometimes...I only post about stuff that has soooome relevance to something, and people just jump all over everything. No worries, it is what it is...

We should be getting rid of these people though it deters members that actually have something to say.

Oh and by the way there was no reason my thread about taking my bike on a train in downtown manhattan should have been moved...I'd say that is a bit more valid than iPods or the croc hunter any day...Poor judgement if you ask me.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
LMFAO!!!

How the hell did I miss this thread!?! I could have been bashing ipod users, Rob, and his taste in music all in the same thread! Shoot, I might have been able to get in a jab at Transcend and RM as well! :biggrin:

Rob, some of us have our music cranked up just so we don't have to deal with society and the rest of humanity. Quite frankly I feel that 80% of people out there are morons not deserving of my attention, let alone my time. I disconnect myself from the world because the world sucks. (Well, the people do anyway... the earth itself is pretty freaking amazing) And Narlus is a music snob because he has earned the right to be. Anyone who has listened to that much music and displays the taste that he does can rip on GNR or Velvet Revolver all day long. Who I personally listen to.

So next time someone turns up their music as you try to talk to them, remember that it might not be because they are inconsiderate, maybe they just don't like you.

And for the record I have no issues with Robdamanii. Seems like a cool guy to me... except for the ipod whine.