Quantcast

New issue - something's effing up my browsing experience

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
This is a new issue, no more than 24 hours old. RM pages take much longer to load and cause my browser (Chrome on Win7) to freeze for a few seconds. As the inputs get buffered, page then jumps up/down like mad. This only happens on RM, no other sites affected. I suspect some foul advertising culprit - the side bar with ads seems to be the part that takes long to load and effs the browser.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
So far I can't duplicate... can you tell me what specific ads you see on the page when the issue occurs?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
This is a new issue, no more than 24 hours old. RM pages take much longer to load and cause my browser (Chrome on Win7) to freeze for a few seconds. As the inputs get buffered, page then jumps up/down like mad. This only happens on RM, no other sites affected. I suspect some foul advertising culprit - the side bar with ads seems to be the part that takes long to load and effs the browser.
Win7=26"

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I've had RM boot me off to an "open in App Store" prompt, then it sends me to a World Series of poker app. This is just in the last day or two on my iPhone 6...

Doesn't happen every time

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Possibly this offender? The side click ad does not seem to be causing any issues, but the bottom one often loads late. Why is it downloading and playing mp4 videos anyway?
Untitled_eff.png

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Plenty of ads play a video, they shouldn't start until you click though. I wish I could get that ad to load, but I'll send it along and see if there are any issues.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Plenty of ads play a video, they shouldn't start until you click though. I wish I could get that ad to load, but I'll send it along and see if there are any issues.
I don't think it is that video anymore, I am suspecting the Travelocity sidebar ad instead. Btw. it's happening on both my laptops (private + work), but the appearance of the issue is quite random.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The Travelocity ad I can see but I can't find anything about it that should be causing problems. It doesn't even move.

If you turn on an ad blocker, does the problem go away? Obviously I'm not advocating ad blockers :monkey:, but I'd like to narrow it down to an ad vs. a piece of page code.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It happened about a week ago and I just ignored it, but it popped up again today. Both times it happened when first requesting ridemonkey.com.