Quantcast

New Jump In In The Works~

May 3, 2008
Kentucky
lmao~ i gotta move all that dirt~ just got it dumped yesterday~ i'm trying to get my jump cut good~ i'm not even gonna have it a table top~ just gettin my launch jump cut good~ then cuttin the rest off and making the landing~

cjcrashesalot

Monkey
May 15, 2005
WA
The lip has a bit of a kink in it about 2/3 of the way up, it changes direction too quickly. That will buck you if you hit it with any kind of speed

May 3, 2008
Kentucky
Its good as long as its your grass and you don't have to pedal though it.

Maybe you could make a hip from the side.
yup its my grass~ its a pretty awesome spot~ i'll take better pics once i get more done~ i have a long blacktop road i can get whatever run i want on it~ and its right at the beginning of my yard~ i'm going to make a straight rhythm trail straight down my yard towards the pool if you look straight at the jump~ you can see a smaller double by my pool~ it will be a while before i get the full trail done because i'm building it by myself~ but i'll get it done~ any tips i'm very thankful for~ ive tried to read up and study up trail building as much as possible~ so wish me luck~ thanx

Durt

Chimp
Nov 28, 2007
Difficult to tell how tall it is from the pics. If it is 3 or 4 ft or taller, I'd carve it out a little more in the center of the transition with the top of the lip vertical or very close to it. Similar to a quarter pipe.

Remove all of the other dirt from the sides. Leave it only as wide as the smooth lip area you've got going. OR make it into a hip. Judging by the last pic, you've got enough area that you could add a second lip to the left of your existing lip. Carve it at about a 45 degree angle from the existing lip. More options = more fun.