Quantcast

New light and low pedal from HT

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I just noticed a new light pedal from HT. It has been presented during the taipei but noone mentioned the data.
Size is 95 x 95 x 17mm ( central only 14mm ), weight 305g with an alu Body and a cro-mo spindle. Wow. I really hope they held up to abuse.

Last edited:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
how many pedals do you have to buy from ht? :D
I have no idea but I doubt many. Local shops sell them at our equivalent of ebay and our market is tiny compared to any of the civilised countries.. They are quite cheap too.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Looks pretty tough design wise, well as tough as you can be at that point. But what a rude rip off. Not sure about saving weight at the cost of pedal body surface area.

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
someone from HT PM'd me a month ago and said HT was arranging to sell direct, on-line, in the US of A.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Looks uncomfortable to me...
The build quality and details of the point one (like chamfers to reduce pedal catches) sets them well above these things.

I don't think point1 has a lot to worry about with these- personally I think these are a very poorly done knock off. Not to say they won't be decent pedals, but they look similiar to point1 and that's about it, I'd say.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Looks uncomfortable to me...
The build quality and details of the point one (like chamfers to reduce pedal catches) sets them well above these things.

I don't think point1 has a lot to worry about with these- personally I think these are a very poorly done knock off. Not to say they won't be decent pedals, but they look similiar to point1 and that's about it, I'd say.
You can never be sure they wont be good. HT has some very good pedals in their offer. Have in mind that Wah Wahs and maybe dieties are rebranded HT pedals.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Good point- I do love my wah wah's. I'm simply saying that point1 pedals seem to be a few steps above even the kona's- as far as build quality, attention to detail and thoughtfulness of the design.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Good point- I do love my wah wah's. I'm simply saying that point1 pedals seem to be a few steps above even the kona's- as far as build quality, attention to detail and thoughtfulness of the design.
Yeah but in most cases I dont need attention to detail but durability and a good profile/pin design. I switched from wah wahs to twenty6 and yes the prerunners are better but unless you have some extra cash to spare they dont really benefit your riding that much (if any). Its probably similar with points.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
You can never be sure they wont be good. HT has some very good pedals in their offer. Have in mind that Wah Wahs and maybe dieties are rebranded HT pedals.
Most of the good pedals are rebranded HTs. Some have to much meat removed IMO. These new HTs seem to be a good design for corner impacts, but I still think they removed to much from the edges. The main pedal everytone rebrands is such a god pedal. Not as nice as my PO1NT, and yes you can feel the difference, but still so fricken good. I'm more than happy with them on my other bikes(Rebadged Kowa HTs), I don't know why HT bothered with these to be honest. What's the dimension differences between these and the template HTs everyone rebrands?
The next wave of marketing is plastic pedals anyway innit?

Last edited:

armada

Monkey
Aug 27, 2010
the fact that the point1-s are 200$ and the ht-s will probably be 40$ doesnt seem like a good tradeoff for a few details less?

armada

Monkey
Aug 27, 2010
does anybody have a contact of ht? the mail acount they have on their site doesnt exist and i couldnt find any other contacts