Quantcast

New little rig

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Got myself a little bike a few weeks ago, and now I finally took some pictures. All I changed was bar, stem, brake and brake lever, oh yeah and grips. Bike weighs in at 28 lbs even. Having fun, I just can't get peg stalls on quarter pipes :( I'll get em down, pain in the butt in the mean time though.

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
i was looking at building up a s3...this thing might replace that idea.

that thing looks sick, i could get it for 640, drop another 150 in bar/stem/brake, and have a sick setup. later get a fork too.
hows it feel? what parts on it stock are heavy? whats the frame weigh?

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Not sure on frame weight, but its' pretty light. A 21 inch top tube feels a bit more like my mtn bikes, feels really good. Nothing seems too heavy, it even has hallow axles. Pretty psyched about the bike, although there really isn't that much stuff to ride around here.

Jul 1, 2006
Chicago
That Fuse is probably one of the best deals out there for a complete bike. I just picked up a Fit complete at cost and of course spent another $200 or so on new stuff :-)

Chip

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Nice, I like it Dave. Bring that bad boy up to the whoops... or, wait, that might not be a good idea, although I saw some 20s up there the other day. Ever hit up Skatelab in Simi? They've got a couple of bike only sessions each week.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Those are really nice. They have really good brakes, and good componets overall. A buddy of mine got one. I was really impressed with how nice it is.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Is that a shadow bar, looks like fun. I'm loving how everyone's getting 20's. I can't get enough of my 20

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
well, everybody is shooting for lighter rigs these days it seems. I've actually tried to lighten mine up with a slew of ti parts but it's still porky considering today's standards. I'm quite content with it though and that's all that matters anyways...

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
well, everybody is shooting for lighter rigs these days it seems. I've actually tried to lighten mine up with a slew of ti parts but it's still porky considering today's standards. I'm quite content with it though and that's all that matters anyways...
I rather have heavy stuff I dont have to replace...

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I was going to bring it to the Woops, but I don't think I can even match the knack knacks, way too sick for me. Yeah, its a Shadow bar, feels really good. I'm not sure why, but I really like Shadow's whole thing they got goin. Havin fun though, back to the skatepark in the morning.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Yea I was checking out those bars at my lbs. They were sweat but seemed too light for me, I went with Solid TurnBars. Nice and heavy =)

Tiles, I thought when you said pig, you might have a Warpig. That's the 20 I have. Mine is tipping the scales at 36# and I love it!

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I don't think I'll have a problem with em, the shape is perfect for me to run the Odyssey medium lever still on the top of the bar.

Went to the skatepark again today and for the life of me I just can't get peg stalls down. My outside foot keeps coming off!!!

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
I got dbl peg stalls solid, about 12" before the coping I bunnyhop and turn parallel with the coping. start doing it slower, just enough to get to the coping. you might be going to fast at it.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I never thought about that, I'll try it this weekend. The other problem is the few times that I have actually got it I always hit my foot on the coping, its not a problem for stalls, but grinding would be an issue.