Quantcast

New look!!!

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
As some may know, I broke the cardinal rule and allowed someone else to ride my scoot... well it was layed down.... He promised to fix it, and fell very short when it came to the paint. Long story short he payroll is being garnished now for almost 7k.

Bragging time.

Original custom paint for those who have not seen

We did this in the garage, first attempt at the realistic flames..... Not bad at all

What he brought me in place of it

Not a single straight line, Massive ridges on the so called pinstripe, fingerprints in the clear, bubbles in the clear, front fender paint is literally 1/4 inch to the right, dirt in the clear, no polishing at all...... Took him three months to get this together.....

After hitting him in court in which I never even had to show up, here is the parts as delivered to me today!!!

Eleven colors to make the paint job, seven layers of clear, perfectly smooth finish and all done freehand..... Should be able to assemble Tuesday to post up a finished pic!!!!! I am happies.... Too bad My lawyer made more on the deal than I did by a long shot but Hey, I got it back proper........ BTW, this paint was done in 24 hours after all colors were tested, chosen and ready

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
F@ckin right on. I love it.

The one thing I am trying not to change on the ladies scooter is the OE paint on the tank. It's the 100th anniversary paint job and it's kinda cool (has a Harley Davidson pinstripe). The fenders are fair game, though. :)

<edit> I know the pics don't do that color justice. I bet it looks amazing in the sunlight with all that flake.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
F@ckin right on. I love it.

The one thing I am trying not to change on the ladies scooter is the OE paint on the tank. It's the 100th anniversary paint job and it's kinda cool (has a Harley Davidson pinstripe). The fenders are fair game, though. :)

<edit> I know the pics don't do that color justice. I bet it looks amazing in the sunlight with all that flake.
Buy an extra set of tins for hers and paint those!!!

Its a Chameleon red with the metal flake, One angle and the tail light red blends right into it, another and the blinkers blend right in....... Scary sparkly in the sun. I was nervous about adding the metal flake to the chameleon paint but DAMN it worked out!!!

BTW, did this in the garage

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
What you cannot see in the pic, is with how the flames are layered with the candy red and orange, and with how the clear is layed on it they almost look like they move....... Should be fun on the freeway

Believe it or not, the base for the flames is black

Last edited: