Quantcast

New M6 Prototype. The EVO lives...

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
beat me to it, i knew the m6 wasn't dead. The headtube looks like it has an adjustable sleeve aswell

manwithgun

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
pffffff, been rockin this old technology for about a year now..... Allowed me to test a few shocks I already had and kept the BB out of the chunder under compression. A 3" stroke gives the bike about 7.8" of travel which is plenty with a proper damper, as I've never "felt" harsh bottom out with this set-up. Static angles stay the same. I don't own much that stays stock for long.

Attachments

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
So what exactly is new about this? It looks like the exact same EVO Proto that was shown on Sicklines a while back. Are there changes? Is it going into production? Inquiring minds want to know.......just not sure what the news is about exactly.

BTW, Intense makes way too many models!!;)

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
If and when the M6-EVO makes it to market, it would be a lot more expensive than a 951. 951 buyers are safe, as are potential M6 EVO buyers.
I'm pretty happy with my 951. I think the difference in travel alone will set the bikes apart.

When the m6 and socom were both offered, I bought a socom.

It think I just like a shorter travel, quicker feeling bike.

Christiaan

Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
Weesp, The Netherlands
I hope it will make production, and my guess is they will settle on 2 shock mounts, 1 for 9.5, one for 10.5, just trying to find the sweet spot.

The front end on the new proto does look a bit burlier, bit more meat on the bone if you will, and Intense never makes DH frames enough.....:D

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
So what exactly is new about this? It looks like the exact same EVO Proto that was shown on Sicklines a while back. Are there changes? Is it going into production? Inquiring minds want to know.......just not sure what the news is about exactly.

BTW, Intense makes way too many models!!;)
It seemed we didn't hear anything about this bike for a while. CRC released the photo today, so I posted it. There are subtle differences between the EVO from last year and this one.

A post on MTBR shows it pretty well...

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I'm holding out for this to go into producion:thumb:

Getting the CCDB for my M6 rebuilt with 2010 internals next week so I have time to wait:D

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
It seemed we didn't hear anything about this bike for a while. CRC released the photo today, so I posted it. There are subtle differences between the EVO from last year and this one.

A post on MTBR shows it pretty well...
I noticed that..... This looks more refined than the original that had been posted early last year......

There any statements from intense as to what those subtle changes are, or how they differ from the original evo?

I remember originally hearing about this bike, and about having the option for two shocks at two different lengths and strokes for the same travel, giving the posibilities for two totally different handling characteristics<even though I am not an Intense fan, this idea intrigues me alot>, I also remember a big part about how this was not the bike for the average rider, and that its intentions were for the rider who knows how to change the setup and attitude of their bike for different courses.

Is this still alot of the premise of this bike?

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Is this still alot of the premise of this bike?
Yes. It is still just a CRC/team proto, the multiple shock/travel settings allow them to fine tune the bike for a each track.

I have read in a few places today that Intense is going to stick with the 951 but I highly doubt that since the CRC and other top guys on Intense seem to prefer the EVO over the 951.

I would love to spend a day on the 951 to feel first hand what it is all about. From what I hear the M6 is better ride for everything but tracks like last years worlds.