Quantcast

New MacBook Pro

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Unboxed it this morning. Haven't had a chance to play with it yet until now...

It's pretty damn beautiful to say the least.

First website was to firefox to get their browser, second was here.

It's my first Mac and first time with Firefox.

Any suggestions for me to make the transition from PC/IE7 to Mac/FF easier?

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Transcend knows nothing ;)

I did the same thing you did last year. Couldn't be happier. There is nothing to help with the switch besides using it a lot.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Nope, I was an ignorant idiot using everything Microsoft.

I spent about 10 minutes thinking my screen was defective as it kept dimming, then getting brighter.

Then I figured out the cap I was wearing was shading the ambient light sensor...
:huh: :busted:

I spent a bit last night transferring data over from my old hard drive, then personalizing.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Why would you want to save battery life when it is plugged into the wall? I would rather have my brightness 100% all the time when looking at pictures, and I can adjust it when I need to save battery.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Only time 100% gives me problems in a dark room is when it's dark for a few hours, then I open my laptop. I usually set it to 50% then work my way brighter as my eyes adjust.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
If I am working in the dark, I wouldn't want a bright screen. There goes your 'night vision'. However, that was more true when I didn't have a backit keyboard. Looking down from the screen, you couldn't see the keys.

I kinda like the self adjusting brightness.

This Mac rocks.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
The lit keyboard and gestures on the trackpad are 2 huge advantages for me. I love them. I use 2 finger and 3 finger gestures non stop (swipe for back especially when using the web and 2 finger scroll as well).

Actually, those are both huge safari bonuses as well, as I do not believe you can do swipe in safari?

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I'm still learning my way around this computer, but fully understanding why Mac users love them.

You don't hear PC users going on about their PCs do you?...