Quantcast

new marin?

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
WheelieMan said:
I think it's a cool design. Would be very neutral braking that's for sure.
not trying to be a jackass, but are you sure??....to me it doesn't look like it, but I haven't mapped it, and i'm not sure how....any smart guys wanna map this?.....there's no brake isolater, and that linkage looks funky and nonsensical, but what do i know...........

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
just did it quick style on sketchpad pro, it will most likely squat a bit. hard to take accurate measure ment off a computer screen though

Bike looks good, marins are usually very high quality

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
Ian Collins said:
not trying to be a jackass, but are you sure??....to me it doesn't look like it, but I haven't mapped it, and i'm not sure how....any smart guys wanna map this?.....there's no brake isolater, and that linkage looks funky and nonsensical, but what do i know...........
Yeah I have mapped it. There are definitely more neutral designs out there (not to mention designs with floaters) but for a design with short links it looks very neutral.

It's cool to see Marin finally in the dh/fr game.

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
oly said:
Finally?? Maybe the term should be BACK?? No one remembers the 10" travel SP they did a while back? A friend had one and the pivot was always so loose.
Oh that's right, completely forgot about that one. Let's just say this design appears more well thought out!

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Saw that bike over by the Marz tent at Whistler earlier this summer and I must say it is even uglier in person...but if it works well, who cares?

bc2002

Chimp
Nov 23, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I don't know. I think it's pretty cool. It does look like there may be some compression issues, i.e. wildly flucuating compression force. However, I totally dig the full seattube. Could use a bit more travel thou.

biketiger

Chimp
Dec 4, 2001
in my house
SuboptimusPrime said:
Saw that bike over by the Marz tent at Whistler earlier this summer and I must say it is even uglier in person...but if it works well, who cares?

I saw pictures of that bike. It was ugly, but I'm 99% sure that it was the first proto-type. The pictures from the show are supposedly of pre-production and the end design will be different.

I'm looking forward to riding the production model, hopefully at Sea Otter in 2006.

We'll see.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
looks sick to me. to bad about the horrible shock positioning. a remote dhx air (if it is made) will fix that up. looks like a fun bike.

Grizzle

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
La Crescenta, CA
Marin still offers their DH frame with 10" of travel, they just do not list it in their catalog, you have to call them directly to get one. If you have questions about it, call pete at extension 105 , he always helps me out when i have to get something for my shop.