Quantcast

andromitto

Chimp
Sep 12, 2012
Virginia
Hello All!

Just bought the first 'real' bike I have had for a long time. I am trying get back into trail riding. I had a LL Bean branded Trek for years and thought it had been far to long since I had anything decent. Upon googling a few forums, I found this one to be the best looking.

I'm originally from Maine, living in Virginia now for my job in the Coast Guard. I love travel, hiking, kayaking, swimming, biking (obviously) and cooking together with my wife.

My bike is a K2 3.0 Razorback that I found used at a local bike shop for a steal. It's a full suspension model with Manitou Mars comp forward and Noleen in the rear. All the shifter hardware, brakes, and crankset are Shimano Deore XT which was added aftermarket. The bike also appears to have a carbon seatpost, and handlebar. I'm not really familiar with a lot of the new terms and latest bike tech, but I do love how this one feels on trails and shifts gears. It also has a 'remote lockout' for the rear suspension, although I am not really sure why I need this feature. I would love to hear opinions or tips, I can post pictures in a bit if you have a gear post section.

Regards,
-M

Last edited:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
You better hope nobody gets you confused with MMike. I would delete the Mike from your post immediately.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
?? I'm thoroughly confused. If you're not welcome to new members you should have closed out your forum. I'm just a new guy introducing myself.
He's just joking around... welcome to the Monkey!

Most rear lockouts aren't very useful, IMO, except maybe long rides on pavement. Suspension is useful on all rough terrain, even climbing.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
You even edited the Mike to M....welcome to the Monkey. Hang out for a while and you'll see...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Yea, The Lounge is a special place. It is a lot like Uncle Touchy's Puzzle Basement - nobody *wants* to be here but we keep coming back for the popsicles.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Welcome to the :monkey: I will save my very inappropriate comments for another time.

EDIT: Lucky for you there another newb on here looking for free money because he is a Nigerian Sheik.

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Ah, good stuff. If I had known there was another forum called MTBR, then I would have not made that comment. Nice work on making me look like a douche.
I like that the comment that had the least malevolent motivation is the one that left a mark.

Giant douches for everyone! Unless you are a turd sandwich kind of guy.