Quantcast

New Metallica CD

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Metallica has gone the way of Dave Mathews Band. They just change the song and album titles and resell the same garbage over and over again.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Have any of you listened to the new material or are you basing your opinion on what you dropped in the toilet this morning? It is nothing like the last 4 albums from what I've heard in soundclips and the new single. I'm quite looking forward to it... and seeing them in Dec.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Have any of you listened to the new material or are you basing your opinion on what you dropped in the toilet this morning? It is nothing like the last 4 albums from what I've heard in soundclips and the new single. I'm quite looking forward to it... and seeing them in Dec.
It's pretty good so far. I'm 5 songs in.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I listened to the single that someone posted up recently.

Only made it about 1:30 into it.

Just for Metallica:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
the guitar solo at the end of the new single (day that never comes) sounds older-school, which i like. however, james' "singing" gets worse on each album. i wish he would ditch adding "yeeahhh" to the end of every lyrical phrase.

"the day that never comes-yeeeahh" = teh sux

HBFR33R!D3

Monkey
Jun 5, 2007
huntington beach
i personally think that all the old stuff was way better than the new cd, but i dont hate it, at least it's better than the jonas brothers and crap that you hear on the radio nowadays.

Jan 21, 2006
Boone, NC
Long songs don't mean anything if they're bad. I've listened to 2 of the new songs and agree with everyone else saying James need to stop trying to sing. They were better in the 80's when they were always drunk...:huh:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I heard the end of the new single on the radio and thought, "Wow...Avenged Sevenfold has now stooped to trying to sound like old Metallica, but they can't pull it off at all. This sh!t is hella weak...."

Then I realized it WAS Metallica.

Later I heard the whole tune. I laughed.

Chronic, epic, and altogether expected FAIL.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I kinda liked Melattica. Then I saw them live. I don't know what was worse. The bathrooms at L'Amours or the band.....

Aug 8, 2008
well i listened to it once and its not bad but it was only the first time i listen to it, ill have to try again a few times for a real verdict