Quantcast

new mongoose dh team for '08? and '08 jackel?

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
Insightful...

I just recently got this bike and it is everything I had hoped for. The bike seems well made and is solid. The disc brakes are really nice and are very responsive. This is the first disc brake bike I've had and can say that it makes a world of difference. The shifting is also very intuitive.
The only gripe I have about this bike is for the money that you pay for this bike, it doesn't even come with a kick stand. I know this is a downhill bike, but I'm sure you need to leave it unattended at some point don't you think?

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
They must not have thought of the repercussions of marketing a bike like that as DH worthy. You'd think these fkin idiots would have learned after the last class action.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
heres one for the huffy!

The Huffy Sonic 6 is a pretty nice bike. It came well packaged, and came within the time frame(even though it was the chistmas season). There were only two issues I had with the bike. When assembling,make sure the forks are pointing forward, the speedometer won't work if they are backwards. The way the forks are shaped it's kind of hard to tell which way is forward. The other issue was the front handbrake clamp was missing the bolt and nut to clamp it on to the handlebar. I called Huffy, and told them what I needed. They sent me out both complete front handbrakes! Huffy reallys wants to satisfy their customers. Aside from these issues, the bike seems like it's well built, and I feel confident that it will last a long time. I give Wal Mart online site an A+ rating. The most important thing to me is,my boy loves the bike. [quote/]

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
heres one for the huffy!
The Huffy Sonic 6 is a pretty nice bike. It came well packaged, and came within the time frame(even though it was the chistmas season). There were only two issues I had with the bike. When assembling,make sure the forks are pointing forward, the speedometer won't work if they are backwards. The way the forks are shaped it's kind of hard to tell which way is forward. The other issue was the front handbrake clamp was missing the bolt and nut to clamp it on to the handlebar. I called Huffy, and told them what I needed. They sent me out both complete front handbrakes! Huffy reallys wants to satisfy their customers. Aside from these issues, the bike seems like it's well built, and I feel confident that it will last a long time. I give Wal Mart online site an A+ rating. The most important thing to me is,my boy loves the bike.

Oct 10, 2007
GA
my friend had that mongoose as his first bike and rode it on actual trails and literally broke everything on it. My favorite was wen he did a 5' drop to flat and snapped the rear "shock" in half lengthwise! and no i dont have pictures of it.