Quantcast

New Morewood build

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
So, decided against the Bottlerocket - decided I wanted a little more travel. Just finished building a 2006 Morewood Shova LT.

Build is as follows:

Frame: 2006 Morewood Shova LT
Shock: Manitou Swinger 4-way
Fork: Manitou Travis 180
Wheels: Azonic Outlaw
Tires: Kenda Nevagal DH, 2.5 (pictured w/my Hutch Barracudas)
Cranks: Shimano Hone, 170mm
Chain Guide: Blackspire Stinger
Pedals: Funn Soljam Viper
Shifters: old Shimano XT 8spd
Derailleurs: XTR rear, XT front
Brakes: Avid Juicy 7, 203mm/160mm
Seatpost: Thomson
Saddle: SDG Bel Air
Stem: Truvativ Holfeller, 45mm
Handlebar: Sunline V two, 25mm
Grips: Sunline logo lock-on

I plan on breaking it in properly at Showshoe in two weeks.

Lollapalooza

Monkey
Jan 22, 2007
Sick build. It looks like the perfect balance of price and performance. There's one problem though: we need riding pics.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
nice build, going to be seeing alot of those this fall let us know how it rides. Alot of our club members are interested in getting one.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
Thanks for the comments, I'm really happy with how it turned out.

It is a budget build, that's the reason for the recycled drivetrain and the 2006 frame and fork. But, the amount of time I have to ride the terrain this bike is meant for just didn't justify a bigger investment. I have about $2,800 into it as it sits, and I shouldn't need to spend anymore until I break something.

It hasn't even seen a trail yet. Sunday I plan to ride at Reading, and the following weekend at Showshoe, so I'll have to get some pictures and a ride report then.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
Looks awesome!!! My 07 Shova should be here within the next week, I'm just waiting for the boys from MW to get back from Mount St Anne to finalize my build.
Ahh, that explains why Richard has been slow to answer my last couple of emails.

The 2007's look really nice, I just needed to keep my cost down, and the price was right on the 2006 frame. I do wish it came with a better shock though, I really like the DHX-5 on my Heckler.

Next time, build the bike yourself, that's half the fun!

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Ahh, that explains why Richard has been slow to answer my last couple of emails.

The 2007's look really nice, I just needed to keep my cost down, and the price was right on the 2006 frame. I do wish it came with a better shock though, I really like the DHX-5 on my Heckler.

Next time, build the bike yourself, that's half the fun!
Well I did pick all the parts, they are just sourcing them for me. And I'm assembling the bike myself. The reason I'm getting the 2007 is because I'm getting a Collegiate sponsorship discount and they only have 2007 Shova LTs in Large.