Quantcast

New Moto Trials game

J

JRB

I tore that poor bastard up. He can't have anything not broken.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I have been playing this game for almost a year now...I purchased the full version for my PC and the best I have got on the full course is a 5!!!! That menas I only bailed once and never went over a minute on each course for the entire thing! I was really close to pulling a clean 0 but I kinda stopped playing as much for a while.

I wish they'd come out with a new version!

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
chicodude01 said:
i downloaded it and it wont work
are you on a mac? it's a Java program and only runs on PC's...

I have to keep a crappy PC around just for Trial bike...(and blueprinting)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
punkassean said:
are you on a mac? it's a Java program and only runs on PC's...

I have to keep a crappy PC around just for Trial bike...(and blueprinting)
just correcting some misinformation here: the trials game most definitely works on macs! i've been playing it off and on for some weeks under safari and firefox :thumb:

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
I got the full version on my PC too, and I haven't played it much recently, but I actually managed a couple clean runs.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Tully said:
I got the full version on my PC too, and I haven't played it much recently, but I actually managed a couple clean runs.
how does one get up the snow mountain? and, right before that, the tall, vertical piece of wood? i finally figured out how to do the 3rd yellow ramp (in the farther-back line yet another section back, this all on the pro course) :thumb: but those two things still elude me...

remember, kiddies: full game is here http://www.wmantle.freeserve.co.uk/trials.zip

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Works fine on my Mac with Safari. just make sure you have the latest Java.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Toshi said:
just correcting some misinformation here: the trials game most definitely works on macs! i've been playing it off and on for some weeks under safari and firefox :thumb:
You got the full version to run on your mac?

pleeze esplane to me how???

I can run the online demo but the full version doesn't work?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
punkassean said:
You got the full version to run on your mac?

pleeze esplane to me how???

I can run the online demo but the full version doesn't work?
i downloaded trials.zip, it expanded to a folder called trialsfix2, i opened up the index.html file. it's a bit flaky after a while in safari but firefox seems to handle it well. :thumb:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Toshi said:
how does one get up the snow mountain? and, right before that, the tall, vertical piece of wood? i finally figured out how to do the 3rd yellow ramp (in the farther-back line yet another section back, this all on the pro course) :thumb: but those two things still elude me...

remember, kiddies: full game is here http://www.wmantle.freeserve.co.uk/trials.zip
• Snow Mtn: lean way back roll up to the first uphill bump, right at the balance point and pin it for a second (just enough to pop you up to the next little semi-flat spot, repeat. the main thing is to keep the bike upright the whole time, if the front drops you are done. I have found that it's accomplished best in one motion, if you have to stop it is much harder to get going clean again.

• Tall piece of wood, there are a few ways but the best is to get propped up on it and there is a split second where you can feel that both tires a re firmly planted, gun it then and use the arrows carefully to keep the rear tire on the wood and the front end just slightly in front of the rear (so you actually carry momentum forward and over. Then try not flip over forward on the next little log.

I could manage a zero but I can only seem to nail that gap after the up ramp but before the double drop-down on the second stage run (yellow ramps) about 10% of the time.

My buddy and I tried playing with the throttle pinned the whole time, I bested a 25 or 30 I think. give that a try, it is really hard but it can help you to find interesting new lines.

I think I might have to try to get a perfect run again, it has been a few months since I've been playing the game...

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
Toshi said:

I must have a different version--mine has no mountain or vertical ramp.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Toshi said:
i downloaded trials.zip, it expanded to a folder called trialsfix2, i opened up the index.html file. it's a bit flaky after a while in safari but firefox seems to handle it well. :thumb:
[CARTMAN] Schoopa' Schweeeeet![/CARTMAN]

Thanks dude, I will try that!!!

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Tully said:
I must have a different version--mine has no mountain or vertical ramp.
u prolly hab the older version "Trials Bike" we's talking 'bout Trials Pro"...

maaaan that Trials Pro is a baaad mutha...

SHUT YO' MOUF!

Hey man I'm just talkin' 'bout Trials Pro.