Quantcast

new moto

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
1,232
60
805
i was using the camera so i thought id post some pics of my new moto..good cross training if it would ever stop raining up here at school and i could get a chance to ride...its an 04 crf 250 with an RPM 302 big bore kit in it..it rips

[/IMG]








ah...carbon and ti..what a nice combo
 

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
10,460
8
wine country
Thats awsome. I'm terrible w/ a clutch. I was riding my friends 85 and another tfrinds ttr125; they would get so pissed when i would stall. I'm better on a 110. At my friends house i can almost clear his 15' table top. He says I go bigger on my mtb.
 

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
1,186
0
North East
Sweet bike man. You'll love the power that baby gives to you! I have a 2003 KTM 125SX and all I can say is MX bikes are so much fun and to add to the fact that they are great for training on a MTB...or is it the other way around. Congrats and stay safe and have fun.
 

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
1,232
60
805
the pipe is really nice but its hard to compare it to anything cause of the big bore/stroker kit top tell you the truth i havent even ridden a stock 250f
 

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
10,157
1
SB
mtnbrider said:
Thats awsome. I'm terrible w/ a clutch. I was riding my friends 85 and another tfrinds ttr125; they would get so pissed when i would stall. I'm better on a 110. At my friends house i can almost clear his 15' table top. He says I go bigger on my mtb.
85s are way harder than a TTR-125. I've had both.
 

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
1,160
0
Cape Cod, MA
yesyesyesyesyes! i loooooveeee the crf250r, omg try the 06 with dual exhaust. I know i sound like a schoolgirl. But man, so nice. Awesome power and handling straight from the showroom. But ive never ridden a 250f with a 302 kit. What's the topend power like? Are you running stock valvetrain? If you are, watch out for it. CRF250's are touchy and need maitenence often. Do a valve check at LEAST once a week, and oil changes every 10-20 hours, depending on how hard you ride.

edit: sh!t i just saw that dyno chart!
 

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
1,232
60
805
mcA896 said:
yesyesyesyesyes! i loooooveeee the crf250r, omg try the 06 with dual exhaust. I know i sound like a schoolgirl. But man, so nice. Awesome power and handling straight from the showroom. But ive never ridden a 250f with a 302 kit. What's the topend power like? Are you running stock valvetrain? If you are, watch out for it. CRF250's are touchy and need maitenence often. Do a valve check at LEAST once a week, and oil changes every 10-20 hours, depending on how hard you ride.

thanks for the tech tip but i think ive got it undercontrol...the top end is unreal...check out the dyno

edit. just saw your edit
 

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
1,232
60
805
stock w/ ano but they are valved by rg3..not for me though..i gotta dial it in when i get to ride a real track..
 

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
2,398
4
Grand Haven, MI
Nice bike. It's funny, I got my YZ250F for DH training and now I race more moto than DH. If you race vet, then you can legally race that bike. The only problem with that kit is that there is no way your hiding that it is an overbore. You should be able to hang in the 250C class though since most 250C riders can't handle all of the power anyway.
 

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
2,334
0
Chatsworth
Nice bike! I didn't know that the Ice Box made that big of a HP difference. How do you like that bike compared to a 2 stroke? I'm planning on buying motorcycle, but I'm having a hard time letting go of the 2 stokes...call me old fashion.
 

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
1,232
60
805
gravity1 said:
nice bike rich spoilt brat faggit. you have no idea how to change the air filter much less check the valves and that bike needs it done a lot.

wtf??? what hole did you crawl out of??..yea im really spoiled..do u think someone bought it for me???

did u sign up just to say that?
 

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
1,232
60
805
ChrisKring said:
Nice bike. It's funny, I got my YZ250F for DH training and now I race more moto than DH. If you race vet, then you can legally race that bike. The only problem with that kit is that there is no way your hiding that it is an overbore. You should be able to hang in the 250C class though since most 250C riders can't handle all of the power anyway.

yea there is the open fourstroke class at some tracks too...that was something i thought about before i got it
 

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
1,232
60
805
blt2ride said:
Nice bike! I didn't know that the Ice Box made that big of a HP difference. How do you like that bike compared to a 2 stroke? I'm planning on buying motorcycle, but I'm having a hard time letting go of the 2 stokes...call me old fashion.
i think you would be more than happy with a new 4 stroke..have you tried one yet??
 

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
2,334
0
Chatsworth
wydopen said:
i think you would be more than happy with a new 4 stroke..have you tried one yet??
I've cruised one around, but I've never really ridden one on a track or out on some trails. I know a few friends who have them, and they all swear by them. I think I'm just old fashion, when you think of dirt bikes you think of 2 strokes. I know times have changed, I just need to change with the times...
 

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
4,403
0
Greenville, South Carolina
Nice ride man. I miss my 2002 CR 250 I sold 3 months ago. It was a really good cross over for me since the Doctor was keeping me off the bicycle for my knee. I had lots of fun on it. I will be picking up a new KTM 250F soon though. Can't wait.
 

SCARY

Not long enough
Please tell me you don't have to check your valves once a week.--btw --I just figured out whips yesterday--Not Renner whips--just Old fashioned ones------For you non-moto guys(i.e.girls)it's like learning to manual down the street,except if you land wrong ,yer done for the day.
 

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
3,996
0
getting Xtreme !
sick bike... the 302 kit must be crook...

yeah, checking the valves once per week = a little anal... perhaps if ya log 20 hours riding in the week.... MAYBE

give it sh1t... my 06 crf250 is about 12 months away... but whos counting :)
 

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
1,232
60
805
yea if u rode three times a week i would check em on the weekends but it will take me a month to put 20hrs on this with the lack of tracks and abundace of rain up at my school.this time of year..nice pipe stick...my buddy was shopping for an exhaust for his 450 and the yosh is on the top of the list..the akropovic is really nice but have you seen the retail on that thing??...the guy that owned this before me obviously didnt have anytrouble dropping some serious loot for all the bling parts...im not complaining but damn
 

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
2,398
4
Grand Haven, MI
Stik

You couldn't get the Bro-deal from Cully? Or did you think the Yoshi was better?

I'll probably go with the FMF Dual whenever I get the 250SXF since I need to keep the noise down.
 

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
3,996
0
getting Xtreme !
wydopen said:
the guy that owned this before me obviously didnt have anytrouble dropping some serious loot for all the bling parts...im not complaining but damn
mind if i ask what ya paid ??? that 302 kit is big bucks eh ??
 

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
1,167
0
CT
Sweet bike. I have an 05 and I love it. Great bike. As for the valves I do not think they need to be checked that often but it can't hurt. I raced all year on my bike- about 25 races in two classes and it ran great. other than smashing a radiator and the such:D but it does involves constant regular maintenance ie. oil/filter...
There is nothing like whipping a moto so fun. I am just figuring out how to scrub on my moto this year.
Anyhoo enoiugh glamour shots of the bike lets see some action:thumb: :thumb:
 

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
548
6
Salt Lake City, UT
blt2ride said:
I've cruised one around, but I've never really ridden one on a track or out on some trails. I know a few friends who have them, and they all swear by them. I think I'm just old fashion, when you think of dirt bikes you think of 2 strokes. I know times have changed, I just need to change with the times...
Don't be in too big of a hurry. In the desert and off-road racing more and more guys are going back to 2S. 2Ss are still lighter, more reliable, easier to fix, less expensive to buy and maintain, quieter and for me they are also more fun to ride on single track.

If I mostly rode track I would really see the benefit of a 4S. Being able to roll on the trottle up the face of a jump without any major hit is very nice, but in the woods being able snap the 2S throttle over logs, boulders and out of tight corners is what I like. The other nice things about 4Ss is they require less clutch work and very little rear brake for a novice. Of course on a 2S when you cut the throttle it doesn't lurch forward from engine braking and using the clutch really isn't so hard.

Right now both bikes have a place in the market and the 2S is even making a bit of a comeback in off-road. It will be interesting to see how things play out over the next decade. If something isn't done about the overly loud 4S, then riding areas will continued to be shut down. If 2Ss go to a direct injection system like Evinrude outboard motors then the 2S will make a huge comback being even less poluting than a 4S, lower maintenance and easily just as powerfull with slightly larger displacement than they have today.
 

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
1,232
60
805
partsbara said:
mind if i ask what ya paid ??? that 302 kit is big bucks eh ??

yea i got it with all these mods. extra plastics and top end for 5800 with about 4 hrs on the motor and not many more on the bike
04 crf 250
rpm 302
akropovic ti pipe
renthal twinwalls
rg3 clamps
rg3 suspension/valving
forks anodized black
wheels anodized black
TCR hub treatment
procircut ti pegs
clutch kit
foactory effex seat

the bb kit is a,most 3gs alone so not really a bad deal