Quantcast

New mountain bike park in Anodver Ohio?

bikerjohn

Chimp
Aug 12, 2004
Geneva Ohio
Hey Guys, I'm in the position where I could probably start construction on a Mountain bike park in Andover Ohio in a couple of months and it would probably be opening up next season, I NEED your input.

It would consist of North Shore style riding, elevated technical stuff with plenty of jumps and drops, a beginners section to get you comfortable with elevated riding, a intermediate and pro/expert section, including a beginner and pro Jump section out in a field.

Please let me know what you guys think.
E-mail me with your ideas of things you would like to see built.

John-

E-mail: mountain_bike_hucker@yahoo.com

erastusboy

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
i think the key word is cheap as in pass prices cause the one in cleveland is really expensive to the point where you cant really take a road trip up there. or dirt jumps, yeah indoor dirt jumps would be gnar

bikerjohn

Chimp
Aug 12, 2004
Geneva Ohio
This park would be all outside in the woods, with the jump park out in the field.
It pretty much all depends on how many reply's I get if I'm going to build it or not.
What things would you guys want to see made? I've started to draw up ideas, I need things to show the land owner and also the insurance company, so please e-mail me a description or a drawing of your idea(s).

I'm not sure as to the pass price yet.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
well you are pretty close to rays, but i think there is def a market for it, there is very few freeride parks up that way, the closest is snowshoe (I am from the pgh area), Erie PA where i went to school has an abundance of riders looking for good terrain to ride as well. I worked at a shop and everyone was always bitching about not having anything to ride, ashtabula is only about 30-40 min.

You would have to have a nice flowy park with bridges and what not, a good dj section would be a must as well...

How would riders get to the top, shuttle...riding prob wont attract as many...

bikerjohn

Chimp
Aug 12, 2004
Geneva Ohio
Well, I don't have a big hill to work with, the land is at a slant so I would make a large starting ramp before the jump sections and the expert North Shore section, maybe one for the intermediate North Shore, I'd just start building and use em where they are needed.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
erastusboy said:
i would go if there was a good dj section that was well maintained

likewise, and very flowy north shore stuff, i think that is what people like...not like uber tech. I mean the tech stuff is cool, but nothing beats a trail with good flow.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Man you should try to work with ray regarding this. He is a great guy and open to alot of ideas, his business almost completely dies in the summer. In addition he has got prisel who is a building magician.

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
manhattanprjkt83 said:
yeah lets just get a bunch of guys together and drag ohio up the eastern seaboard towards mass. hell lets make a freeride specific island :thumb:
there is a ton of vacant islands on the great lakes. all we need is a guy with a pontoon boat and weer in business :thumb:

bikerjohn

Chimp
Aug 12, 2004
Geneva Ohio
I've been to challenge park, that's kind've what I was looking to do, probably going to ride there in 3 weeks or so.
That was Team Sally who built Challenge.

I talked to Ray for about a half hour on the phone Monday, he's completely rebuilding his place overthe summer, it sounds like it's going to be much better this winter, he said it flows a lot better then before, he's got 15 box jumps lined up now.