Quantcast

New mtnx ride for SW

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
It's a manualing machine. Came with two sets of dropouts (verticle and horizontal.) It has the verticle ones on for now. It will be SS'd shortly. Weight on it is pretty good.It will lighten up a bit more when we install the new cranks and bb. The frame is a 14". Levi has been looking at a black 16".

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
oly said:
I feel left out...... only 1 bike these days..... :( I should rebuild my '88 hardrock into a mtx bike.... haha....
Same here. I am waiting for the xc bike to return!!! :( Soon I hope!

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
That front end looks kind of tall for MTX, especially if it is for a kid. You may want to drop the travel to 90mm or so.

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
redical said:
That front end looks kind of tall for MTX, especially if it is for a kid. You may want to drop the travel to 90mm or so.
kid yes...little NO!
and violent and mean...YES!

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
Redical that frame was desinged for a 5-6" fork and it gets riden for a lot more than just BSX. It has a 120mm fork on it for now with an adjustable travel fork on the way. Five the answer is yes. Oly any time you want to go give me a shout and I'll bring you a ht for the bmx track. Kai and EB he is now stalking you.

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
5-6 is too much travel for MTX. Check out pics of D. Robinson at Sea Otter. He is riding his Fox at about 90-100mm. 5 could be nice for trail & DJing though. Have fun on it.

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
SW liked his new frame a LOT! Lower bb and short chainstays made the bike come out of the gate very well. Now he needs to roll his hands forward and pull the bars back in to his hips and his gates will improve some more. For the riders at the race on 1/2/05 hit GOBMX and look at the pics. MB you were missed!