Quantcast

New nomad V6 vs Capra vs slash gen 6

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I saw a Slash on the easiest gear the other day! So many large pulley wheels aligned below the chainstay was an amazing sight :brows:
Well carbon one is here Tuesday...so I'll put it in the stand , put it in different gears and sit on my little park tools stool while I revel in all that is going on glory!

If you skated you will know!

On another note Steve texted me up to go see him play the other night..skates amazing always has, rides solid and jams...dude loves life ..
..good music , reminds me of green day and old school style surf punks and a few others of that skate era.
20240607_213127.jpg

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Got a solid ride on it today
Pedals up a bit better than the nomad but this could because of the vivid shock and pedal assist..I turned it off and pedalled, it was less flighty on steeps ..more numb in rocks hands down I think the nomad is better and mx style drifting...the slash is good but the nomads flat control behind rear, just seems to be a little more solid on drifts..more mx style...but the slash is faster in chunk.

20240614_180313.jpg

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
90* in shade no shade, lost water bottle on first 2 miles of up hill and rutty downhill...walked a smidge of hill took 3 breaks ..

So no assessment on how it does the nomad loop...I cut out valley due to no water and temp.

Was leg day yesterday at gym and ride hills in the evening...
So rockshox Zeb chatters on really high speed shit causing me to loose focus and the fork is all open...it's fine on slightly bigger rocks , vivid was good ..opened up everything on Zeb and it was crap added some platform and it was crap...works on everything till 30+ in rocks and doll heads then it's all over, thought I was going to wash out , couldn't focus and or slow down wheels spent too much rime off ground...it was walking on tops of rocks and not tracking , like a Ridgid bike....so I'll try dialing it in retune charger and worst case is it gets the ohlins..

20240615_124111.jpg
Screenshot_20240615_133802_Connect.jpg
20240615_124321.jpg

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
It probably needs a good old reaming? Sounds like tight bushing to me
On the lighter side I can't seem to pedal past 37.4 mph. Same speed in the rocks and chatter..

I'll tear it down today and do it....it was so damn tight I am not shitting when I say past 30mph in chatter and rocks you can't stop , you can't turn it's barely a controlled chaos . Total SHIT .. If it's not bushings then for sure it's high speed circuit sucks major balls ...retune...

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Sounds like a Rock Shox.
Headed to down to the bench and burnishing bushings .14 then I'll run it..of it's shit then the stack on compression is getting opened up..

Yeah that was literally luck not overshooting the side, it comes down and swings left... It was walking towards the edge as I was trying to get any bite . Haven't been that out of control and time to think about it in a long time lol.. was refreshing got me a bit excited.

Buddy said to go after the mid speed stack..he's familiar with rockshox.

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
.1 was tight so I ran it through first then finished off with .14...now pulling damper apart to see what I need to remove or replace.

So instead of 7wt 30cst/100* I did ohlins 5wt 19cst/100*
Fork is smooth as hell now so tomorrow I'll adjust it and take it riding same spot.. my guess is I'll need to up settings to address the thinner oil but flow y will be better and high speed won't engage as harsh...

20240615_164206.jpg
20240615_164430.jpg

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I know with the Charger 2.1, a common mod was to replace the midvalve spring with a lighter one.

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
Thanks guys!
I am in Europe, anything from the US is gonna be expensive... I can check with the local distributors for Vorsprung if they have something.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Thanks guys!
I am in Europe, anything from the US is gonna be expensive... I can check with the local distributors for Vorsprung if they have something.
Diaz offers free shipping worldwide but don't have their shim kits listed on the site at the moment.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Diaz offers free shipping worldwide but don't have their shim kits listed on the site at the moment.
I remember there was something funky/not-obvious about their shim kit on the site, it didn't normally show up and you had to do some wizardry to make it. That said, I'm not convinced it helps a bunch, there was a conversation it goes in the opposite direction for what's needed...but the lighter midvalve spring is a little more sure bet....but still not huge.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I went to a 19 CST from a 30 oil.
Hit the bushings to .14 (even though it'll spring back a smidge..

Low speed compression circuit makes a noise from fluid now ( not when fully open or closed) but I assume it's flow and lack of restriction through it. .I'll ride it this evening same spot that brings the BS...

Worst case is I slap the ohlins on and move forward.

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
And them already

View attachment 213428
Thanks, my fork has Charger 2.1... I know I live in the past. Cranky old guys rule, isn't it?

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE

read up on them, lots of germans use their services
I will check, thanks!
I almost bought a cartridge for the Yari to replace a Splug from Novyparts. Mario just took ages to answer, when he did I had fully rebuild the fork and it felt pretty good again.

2.1 works better than 3
Yes, RS tends to make new versions of things for the sake of newness rather than for improvement...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Meh, didn't even cut a tendon. I'd post mine...and I think I did a long time ago, but it'd gross everyone out. Get some stitches tho! Super-glue will lock in bacteria which can cause infection.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Meh, didn't even cut a tendon. I'd post mine...and I think I did a long time ago, but it'd gross everyone out. Get some stitches tho! Super-glue will lock in bacteria which can cause infection.
Cleaned it and just going to pack it since I have front squats in the morning and training .yeah usually flap skin over and glue it back...done it several times...no infection yet , but I also don't wash my hands after pushing Walmart carts while eating grapes and gross my wife out...so I'm good to travel the world with this kind of immunity..

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Cleaned it and just going to pack it since I have front squats in the morning and training .yeah usually flap skin over and glue it back...done it several times...no infection yet , but I also don't wash my hands after pushing Walmart carts while eating grapes and gross my wife out...so I'm good to travel the world with this kind of immunity..
ooooh...a man after my own "wrap it and forget it" heart. did this about a mile in a few years ago...photo is after the next 14 miles at the end of the ride. still have a big dent in the top of the ole knee...