Quantcast

new noodlyness from norco

Jonny5

Monkey
Feb 13, 2007
Its usually about a degree slacker and .25" on the bb, has been for the last few years anyway. If that doesn't make it work for you, it would not be hard to make a link as its only two plates, obviously you'd have to check clearance and stuff. I any case they usally work on 64-65 ha and the bb is usually around the 14".

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
ah - i was referring to the new shock / link placement / orientation. the lower cg (and more seatpost adjustability are nice improvements as well. nice parts spec too.

Jonny5

Monkey
Feb 13, 2007
Ahh sorry, no idea. They 08 six feels great :)

Has a 1.5" headtube too

And not sure, but looks like it might have these drops..

Bolt on thingo

TA..

!
Aug 21, 2007
Bionics department
Like the blue fork and rims!

The wavy stuff is not my thing, looks like the Canuks are coming out of the closet and speccy been on the shore to long to many bent bikes:crazy:

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
alas, the gratuitous curvy tube detesters are going to be flogged with noodly appendages in '09. the new dh; funky anno / looks light (air rocco!):

4 lbs ligther than the previous Team DH,37.5 lbs stock.

quoting a rep att he product launch
"The name of the dh bike is Team DH. It is 37.5lbs stock build, but, that is with Saint cranks, 68mm BB. You could for sure switch to something lighter. Though, that wait is with 2.35 Kenda tires."

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
If I was in the market for a light weight Horst link Canadian bike I think this looks so much better and I am sure they preform equally well

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
If what they say about geo changes for new year is true I wouldn't go for devinci just because a lot of ppl is norco and it's cool to have an obscure frame.

BTW. What's the deal with the weld going threw all the downtube? That doens't seem like the smartest idea.

pinkgoat

Chimp
Dec 11, 2007
Australia
Im sorry but Norco has just lost themselves a potential customer. That DH team is not only downright ugly but probably heavier than a conventional tubeset.
They should have kept at least a straight downtube and moved the shock mount a little higher to compensate.

A straight tube front triangle with st split (ala Commencal or Morewood proto) would have been much more appropriate.

oliverberry

Chimp
Jul 20, 2008
alas, the gratuitous curvy tube detesters are going to be flogged with noodly appendages in '09. the new dh; funky anno / looks light (air rocco!):

what the hell. it looks like some one really heavy sat on the bike on a really hot day.

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
I haven't had much time on the 08+ Wilsons, but the 07 and previous bikes are noodles under side loads. Between having the really long seat stay, the two piece shock link, and needle bearings at all pivots, it definitely gets its flex on.

It's a little worse than a Blindside, significantly worse than a DHR, and not even comparable with say a Sunday, M6, V10, Izumi, etc.

That said, the Wilson is still the fastest Horst link bike I've ridden yet.

As far as the Norcos go, they're all over Whistler, and they look much better in person. The red ones with the stock 2008 A-Line build look like garbage, but the sleeker, faster (boxxer, low/wide bars, Kenda-less) built bikes actually look good. The new Five looks really good.

And the new Trek DH bike? So tits.

Last edited: