Quantcast

New Orleans returning to 'normal'

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
...the bars are open and murder is back.

New Orleans Has First Post-Katrina Slaying
Nov 16 9:58 AM US/Eastern

NEW ORLEANS

A woman was stabbed to death in what police say is the first slaying in the city since Hurricane Katrina.

Police said they found the woman dead inside the home of New Orleans poet Jon Newlin, 56. Newlin had been beaten, they said, and was in critical condition at a hospital.

Friends told authorities they discovered the two Tuesday when they went to Newlin's home. Newlin hadn't shown up for a breakfast date with a friend or work at a French Quarter bookstore that day.

One or both of the victims may have known their attacker, police spokesman Juan Barnes said. The woman's name was not released.

The killing is the 205th for the city this year, compared with 225 by the same time last year, police said. The previous killing in New Orleans was on Aug. 27, two days before the hurricane struck.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
N8 said:
The killing is the 205th for the city this year, compared with 225 by the same time last year, police said. The previous killing in New Orleans was on Aug. 27, two days before the hurricane struck.
My math says some people have some catching up to do. :evil:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
manimal said:
yup, returning to "normal" as the cesspool of the US. (besides berkley of course ;) )

tell me again why we're rebuilding it? :confused:
To keep small minded sh*theads in control. (Is it still your birthday?)

It is a crazy and dangerous place, but it is more exciting than anywhere else I lived.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
manimal said:
i'm just messing w/ the berkley comment, i knew it would get you folks all lit up. i've been to SF a couple of times, nice place....wierd people. ;)
i just liked it because of the kickass record stores (amoeba, mod lang, and rasputin).

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
manimal said:
i'm just messing w/ the berkley comment, i knew it would get you folks all lit up. i've been to SF a couple of times, nice place....wierd people. ;)
I think there's a rule somewhere that you aren't allowed to make fun of a place if you can't even spell it correctly.

Bet you hate frantz too.

Naw, berkeley is a cool college town with the music and the food but that really is the only place I've ever almost gotten into a bar fight........with 21 year olds who know everything, more than once.

I tolerate it for amoeba and rasputin as well.......and then go to the rasputin and amoeba across the bridge.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
where's the rasputin in SF? my fave SF store is amoeba because it's so mind-bendingly goddamn big and full of everything, but i love Aquarius (on Valencia in the Mission) for that down-home feel. great people.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
narlus said:
where's the rasputin in SF? my fave SF store is amoeba because it's so mind-bendingly goddamn big and full of everything, but i love Aquarius (on Valencia in the Mission) for that down-home feel. great people.
Rasputin is on Union square downtown. It's cool it's 4 stories with an elevator.:D