Quantcast

New paint job for Velocity Girls helmet

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Woo-hoo!!! I love the PowerPuff Girls.....chics who kick butt, and do it all before bedtime ;)

Can't wait to get my hands on it....it's shipping home this week :D

Now grizgal and I both have pink helmets thanks to Tana!!!

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
awwww, that is so cute....and powerful!! very very cool. can't wait for pics of it in action.

love the powerpuff girls!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Velocity Girl
Yea, I'm pretty stoked! Having a pink helmet is just going to be so much fun!!! Just kinda screams "HERE I COME!!!" :p
Oh hell ya, plus, it's full of attitude!

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Lookin' good! Hopefully I will get to see Grizgal's in person tomorrow night.
Tana should advertise on RM. As near as I can tell, her work is top-notch and her prices are a fraction of what you would expect to pay.

bikebabe

Monkey
Jul 31, 2002
Maryland
Originally posted by Repack
<snip>
Tana should advertise on RM. As near as I can tell, her work is top-notch and her prices are a fraction of what you would expect to pay.
She should! But this is good advertising too. Does she do XC helmets?

Velocity girl, awesome helmet!

grizgal

Chimp
Dec 5, 2003
somerville
Originally posted by bikebabe
She should! But this is good advertising too. Does she do XC helmets?

Velocity girl, awesome helmet!
Yeah, I think she can do any helmet. She's going to do my friends fork legs...and my other friends frame. Rumor is that she's doing someone's bmx helmet? Áfter seeing Velocity Girl's helmet...Í'm going to get Tana to do another helmet for me. I love the work she did - don't worry VG it won't be the power puff girls, but it has to be pink! :D
If you want to inquire about xcountry helmet Tana's email is
o27moto@yahoo.com

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Glad to hear it's inspired you to get another helmet painted :D And pink is definitely a good color....I read in another thread I think that you ride a pink Intense??? That's so cool! I almost got my Nicolai's in Baskin Robbins Pink, but we decided to get the same color bikes (for a uniform team look) and Freak didn't really want Pink :p

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
....I read in another thread I think that you ride a pink Intense??? That's so cool! I almost got my Nicolai's in Baskin Robbins Pink, but we decided to get the same color bikes (for a uniform team look) and Freak didn't really want Pink :p
This M1 belongs to Kathy Bears, one of Grizgal's team mates. Their bikes are pretty much identical, if I remember correctly. The are a sweet bass-boat (lots-o-glitter) pink. And yes, the guys on the team also ride pink bikes. They wanted to be noticed.
A mud hunny took this picture and posted it after Mt Snow last year. I saved it cuz I know the rider. Sorry for the lack of photo credit. Please don't sue me.

Glad to hear it's inspired you to get another helmet painted :D And pink is definitely a good color....I read in another thread I think that you ride a pink Intense??? That's so cool! I almost got my Nicolai's in Baskin Robbins Pink, but we decided to get the same color bikes (for a uniform team look) and Freak didn't really want Pink :p
Tana's painting one for me too :devil:

I told her she needed to come register here - she has a following!

grizgal

Chimp
Dec 5, 2003
somerville
Yeah, some of the guys on the team weren't too psyched about being on sparkly pink bikes. But other guys on the team loved the idea. I think everyone has found pink to be a pretty adictive color (uh huhm, chromegoddess.) It's interesting to see the reactions from people when they see speedy guys on pink bikes. The funny thing is when the guys ride by sometimes you hear, "damn that girl is fast." Well, I think it's funny, not sure if the guys do :D Sorry I feel like i took the thread in a different direction. Yes, pink is definitely a good color - how can you not have fun while wearing a pink helmet?

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
I agree that Pink is addictive :D I love it because it's such a contrast to what moutain biking is....getting dirty and tearin' it up out on the trails!

I've heard about those "infamous pink bikes on the East Coast" now I know someone who rides one of them :D

MtnBikerChick....very cool you're getting your helmet painted....going for a PPG theme as well?

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
...but was talked into doing a little racing this season with the pink intense team that grizgal is on. though i adamantly insisted early on that i would have very little to do with the pinkness of the team, just as griz predicted i've since become completely obsessed the color. it's ridiculous and out of control. the funniest part of it is that the pink is so infectious that even the boys at brooklyn jumped on board and made special pink stickers for my bike. the pink stickers on the burley bike look hilarious, you can't help but smile and laugh when you see it.

too bad you couldn't do the baskin robbins pink on the nicolai velocity, cuz that would have been extra fun when you stumbled onto to the pinkos at a nat. but i think the near-yeti blue is pretty sweet too.

the swarm of custom pink helmets is gonna be the bomb!!! i'd better get on that pretty quick, bandwagon jumper that i am.

grizgal

Chimp
Dec 5, 2003
somerville
Originally posted by chromegoddess
...but was talked into doing a little racing this season with the pink intense team that grizgal is on. though i adamantly insisted early on that i would have very little to do with the pinkness of the team, just as griz predicted i've since become completely obsessed the color. it's ridiculous and out of control.
the swarm of custom pink helmets is gonna be the bomb!!! i'd better get on that pretty quick, bandwagon jumper that i am.
I think you forgot to mention that you now own a pink velor (sp?)zip-up. oh wait, was that a secret? :p yes, CG, you need to get a custom pink helmet...maybe paint chromegoddess on the back?? you love pink!!!

grizgal

Chimp
Dec 5, 2003
somerville
I agree that Pink is addictive :D I love it because it's such a contrast to what moutain biking is....getting dirty and tearin' it up out on the trails!

I've heard about those "infamous pink bikes on the East Coast" now I know someone who rides one of them :D

MtnBikerChick....very cool you're getting your helmet painted....going for a PPG theme as well?
Exactly. I love the contradiction of the pink. infamous?? wow, I had no idea people knew about them outside of the east. yes, now you know someone on the pink team...you'll have to come say hi at a race. I think I'll be able to pick you out as well...just look for the pink PPG's ripping it up. :D

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
that pink velor jacket is bumpin' YO! people gonna be sweatin' me like britney spears. i'll be mackin' in the pits pickin' up mad props from all the fly bombers.

(likely, i'll look more like the nerdy station wagon mom who thinks she's cool, trying to be down with the kids. haha)

grizgal

Chimp
Dec 5, 2003
somerville
Originally posted by chromegoddess
that pink velor jacket is bumpin' YO! people gonna be sweatin' me like britney spears. i'll be mackin' in the pits pickin' up mad props from all the fly bombers.

(likely, i'll look more like the nerdy station wagon mom who thinks she's cool, trying to be down with the kids. haha)
I will warn you...remember back when people were getting beat up for adidas sneakers bc they were the "cool" things to have...yeah, that's what has happened in the past with pink velor jackets. don't worry though, I got your back...

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
LOL! i can see the headlines now:

17 YEAR OLD JUNIOR EX'ER BEATEN SENSELESS BY OLD LADY AFTER HE ATTEMPTED TO STEAL HER PINK VELOR JACKET

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Originally posted by grizgal
Exactly. I love the contradiction of the pink. infamous?? wow, I had no idea people knew about them outside of the east. yes, now you know someone on the pink team...you'll have to come say hi at a race. I think I'll be able to pick you out as well...just look for the pink PPG's ripping it up. :D
You planning on hitting Schweitzer by any chance this year? Don't think we'll be making it out to the East Coast Nationals this year....had to choose between a honeymoon in Whistler or the Nationals....and the honeymoon won out ;)

grizgal

Chimp
Dec 5, 2003
somerville
You planning on hitting Schweitzer by any chance this year? Don't think we'll be making it out to the East Coast Nationals this year....had to choose between a honeymoon in Whistler or the Nationals....and the honeymoon won out ;)
bummer...no, I'm not planning on going to Idaho. I'd love to go to all of the Nationals, but there's that whole job and supporting myself thing...Honeymoon in whistler sounds awesome - I think I'd choose that over the nationals as well. Have you received the helmet yet? Does it look as amazing in person??

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Yea, that whole work thing just gets in the way of biking doesn't it ;) I work for a startup company so I let them know well in advance what weekends I won't be able to work :p

Well maybe next year we might make it out to an East Coast race and I can see that pretty pink bike in person :)

Helmet should hopefully be here tomorrow....I'm dying with anticipaction!!!!