Quantcast

New Part Alert

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Can anyone spy the new part?

VIVID 5.1!!!!!!!!!

Well technically, the Tubeless D24s, Vivid and Mallets are all new, but I figured most people would be most interested in the Vivid.

Going to test it out tomorrow on our DH course, will report back with details asap.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
wow snow. we just started getting flurries up here.

ohh and the vivid looks sick man. hope it works out for you and who knows maybe we have another shock, besides the db, to put on a morewood.

VMARTINEZ

Monkey
May 23, 2005
I am QBP's site now and they are not stocking any ti springs. Can you tell me where they are?
VM

NJHCx4xLIFE

Monkey
Jan 23, 2007
Central Jersey
I said they don't have them yet

they will eventually have the vivid specific TI springs
I was more or less asking because a lot of time QBP will have new stuff on the site before it is in stock so yo can see the prices and what not.

Any idea what makes it vivid specific? I can seem yo find o.d. and i.d. of the RS springs

VMARTINEZ

Monkey
May 23, 2005
They are the same as the Avy's so you can get one from them.
QBP is not showing any ti springs.

NJHCx4xLIFE

Monkey
Jan 23, 2007
Central Jersey
I did a little research and the new obtanium performance ti springs are an I.D. os 1.5 and they sels reducers for marz/manitou/fox but you don't need a reducer for the Vivid which leads me to believe they are 1.5"i.d.

I was trying to avoid the whole retail thing by ordering through QBP. Might be an issue with the RS springs on other shocks as far as hitting the reservoir is concerned.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
The springs will be Vivid specific because of the ID, and like Martinez said they will be compatible with Avy's and Cane Creek.

The new springs will have Rock Shox name on them but they are being produced by another company.

VMARTINEZ

Monkey
May 23, 2005
Cool I am looking to get one for may Canfield F1 so let me know how it works on your Morewood.
VM