Quantcast

New Parts for my Old Bike

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
Looking into upgrading my 2002 Titus Switchblade components; but not all of them; old 8-speed & rim brakes, but it’s mostly all XTR.
I’ll be keeping my; Fork, Saddle, post (& qr), front derailleur(XTR 9-speed), Headset & Bars.

I'm planning to spend just about $1000 (tax, shipping not included), so going to newer Shimano XTR or Sram X.0 is out of my pricepoint…
Looking at going with Sram X.9 shifters & Avid BB7’s, maybe RaceFace Dues crankset.

I’ve compiled a price comparison spreadsheet, and another document with details & links.
The wheelset; Seems you can get a decent deal on pre-build sets, but I like this UniversalCycles set the best: http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=5337&category=250
Anyway, What do you all think? Should I spend more time looking for a few dollars here or there and haggle over it all?
here’s a image of one of the pages I’ve been working on;

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
X.0 shifters can be found brand new on Ebay for 170 bucks per set.

Pg-990 can be found on ebay for 73 bucks.

X.0 rear derailleur can be found on ebay for 160 bucks

Avid Juicy 7's can be found on ebay for abuot 310

Should total about 700 + shipping. Honestly might be a good bet if you want the higher end stuff.

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
robdamanii said:
X.0 shifters ...Ebay..
Pg-990 ... ebay...
X.0 rear derailleur... ebay...
Avid Juicy 7's... ebay...
... total about 700 + shipping..
All from the same source/person? = one shipping cost, then OK, maybe I'll get the cost down to $750'ish...
I've been burnt on Ebay before, not getting exactly what expected, part(s) have a bit more useage then I'd like, if something's not exactly right; fit, color, took few weeks to receive... I don't mind one part, but a complete set of parts from multiple sources adds more risk in my opinion.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
They're from different sellers (I think anyway). They are all online stores, however, with quite a bunch of feedback, and they are all buy it now new parts. I've actually bought from one of them in the past, and it was a great transaction.

Just pointing out that you can save a lot of money on ebay.

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
robdamanii said:
... different sellers... buy it now new parts.... you can save a lot of money on ebay.
Ya, most of the new stuff is "buy it now".
I've found some better savings of a few components from one or two sources, but to find everything from one Ebay source ....
:rolleyes: