Quantcast

New parts ordered :) NEED GIRLY HELP

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Finishing up Megans bike finally. Already have been building 2 bikes into 1. just bought a wheelset with XT hubs and some mavic XC rims, also get one of these Manitou Axel forks... they are going on a 21" Trex 6900 hardtail frame, deore cranks, titec post/stem/bars, its a fairly good build for something out of the scrapheap.

My only question whats a good seat for chicks that hate most every seat out there? She sat on my Titec Berzerker and my WTB Speed V and thought they was the worst things on earth. Gonna need something cushy yet not to humongous.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
golgiaparatus said:
Finishing up Megans bike finally. Already have been building 2 bikes into 1. just bought a wheelset with XT hubs and some mavic XC rims, also get one of these Manitou Axel forks... they are going on a 21" Trex 6900 hardtail frame, deore cranks, titec post/stem/bars, its a fairly good build for something out of the scrapheap.

My only question whats a good seat for chicks that hate most every seat out there? She sat on my Titec Berzerker and my WTB Speed V and thought they was the worst things on earth. Gonna need something cushy yet not to humongous.
check out the terry saddles...or the fizik womens....

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i have a terry butterfly that hurts my ass to no end. i also have a specialized body geometry (women specific, duh) that i absolutely love. its hard to recomend someone a saddle though cuz everybody's booties are so different.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Well had to change up my order. Steerertube was too short. Went with a slightly more expensive 05 Manitou Axel with 80mm and a lockout, also had to scrap the wheels for some Deore/Rhino Lite wheels. SHould be good becausr the rhynos have rim brake surface for Megans rim brakes, but the Deore hubs are disk hubs to I'll be able to upgrade my AC to new brakes and put my Avid brakes on her bike :evil:

I never upgrade anything unless I break it, but I love it when I have a good excuse :D

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
laura said:
i have a terry butterfly that hurts my ass to no end. i also have a specialized body geometry (women specific, duh) that i absolutely love. its hard to recomend someone a saddle though cuz everybody's booties are so different.
Yeah, I may have to take her in to a bike shop and just sit her on a bunch of bikes until she likes something.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
post a pic of her butt... maybe we can be more help then.

sorry, couldn't resist. Will she go to an LBS and try out a bunch, or are you kind of doing this on her own? IMO, it's probably a crapshoot unless you can get her to try out a bunch of different saddles.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
laura said:
Aubrey rides a specialized body geometry (women specific) and she loves it!! No complaints yet!!!

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
stosh said:
Aubrey rides a specialized body geometry (women specific) and she loves it!! No complaints yet!!!

oooo, we must have simliar butts. you have excellent taste in women. congrats by the way, i heard you were getting hitched.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
laura said:
oooo, we must have simliar butts. you have excellent taste in women. congrats by the way, i heard you were getting hitched.
I like big butts and I can not lie.... no other brothers will deny...

Yep, we're gettin hitched! Thanks!!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
My GF, Laura, got a Specialized Allez road bike withe a Specialized BG Dolce saddle on it this spring.......so I got her the same saddle for her mtb a few weeks ago. So my vote goes to the specialized BG saddles.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I just switched to a women's specific saddle this summer for racing and I got a WTB Speed She Team with Ti rails. It's REALLY light and comfy. I would highly suggest having her try some out though as seats aren't all that inexpensive and she might go through several before she finds the right one ;)