Quantcast

New parts that you have to have.....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I have done 2 builds lately and both have used the new RaceFace X type BB/crank system. Atlas on one and Dues on the other. Boy I think they are on to something here. The Atlas is massively stiff and I like the way they installed. Very cool system. When I get some money I am upgrading. Time will tell how they hold up but I get the impression they are built to last. Anyone else got parts they lust for? ......jdcamb

J

JRB

I want new brakes, but don't know what yet. I need to call FSA and see when the external bearing ISIS BB will be released.

J

JRB

jacksonpt said:
I was just :drool: over this bad boy the other day. FSA's version of the integrated crank/bb deal.

I thought I covered this the other day. You SCREWED up beefy cranks. :think:

:p

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
jdcamb said:
Care to elaborate?
I'll try and get a hold of the person who had the problems - also might be a thread in the DH forum about it too.

The person I have been in touch with kept having her drive side come loose and eventually her bottom bracket was shot to an unrepairable state.

KPicha

Velma
Aug 3, 2002
Northern, VA
I got some RF Deus' back in the Spring and the BB only lasted about 6 weeks. The drive side came loose and when I took it into the shop, nothing could be done. I haven't followed up on the issue so they've been sitting in a box in the garage but my understanding from folks on mtbr is that the alignment needs to be perfect so maybe that's what the deal was.

I'm not even going to bother with them at this point. I've had my XT Hollowtech's for 2.5 yrs with absolutely no problems so there's no need for the extra headaches.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
For what it's worth, a German bike mag just tested a lot of the current integrated crank designs for stiffness and the results from least stiff to most stiff for the XC cranksets were:

FRM CU2 Evo, Race Face Deus, Shimano XTR, Truvativ Stylo, Shimano XT

Comparing stiffness to weight, worst to best:
Deus, FRM, Stylo, XTR, XT

I'll probably try the Stylo integrated cranks this year because I've had good luck with Truvativ but absolutely zero luck with ISIS BBs and I'm pretty much Shimano free at this point.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
shimano is klinhg, i like the deores alloit..

bad spelling im typping with gloves on, house is so cold, heats out.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
splat said:
what are the lightest SPD pedal out there ? and it had to use the Shimano SPD cleat , I want it to be comaptable with my other bikes.
I have a set of Shimano 959s that are nearly two years old. They are great and worth the price. :)