Quantcast

new pedals

bru

Chimp
Sep 9, 2001
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I just smashed my 1664 pedals into bits and need something I don't have to worry about. I am thinking something along the lines of Primo tenderizers, Odyssey southgates, Easterns... something that won't break like S&Ms or 1664. Seals/looseballs vs. cartridge don't matter since I don't ride in mud or rain. Pins aren't too important since they will probably grind off anyways. Low cost, strong body and spindle are what I am looking for. Suggestions?

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by bru
I just smashed my 1664 pedals into bits and need something I don't have to worry about. I am thinking something along the lines of Primo tenderizers, Odyssey southgates, Easterns... something that won't break like S&Ms or 1664. Seals/looseballs vs. cartridge don't matter since I don't ride in mud or rain. Pins aren't too important since they will probably grind off anyways. Low cost, strong body and spindle are what I am looking for. Suggestions?
Ringle Zu-Zu's ...I was snapping Primo's like twigs...but that's just my experience....D

bru

Chimp
Sep 9, 2001
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Snapping spindles or the pedal body? I have heard Primos don't have the strongest spindles but Zu-Zu's have less bulk at the front and rear than the pedals I just broke. No thanks

Sep 18, 2001
Marin County CA
I've been using snafu's for the past year and I will never use another pedal as long as I live. Very good grip, better than primos in my opinion. If you're into pedal grinds you can take the pins out of one side of the pedals.

acdreflx

Chimp
Feb 22, 2002
Boulder, CO
I've ridden primos on both my bmx and mtb and havent had any problems with them being strong enough, but they wear down really quickly and the spikes are pretty lousy. I've ridden the Snafu's too and I'd say they are the way to go, great pins, strong as hell, and they feel real sweet.

Oct 24, 2001
Az
then new SNAFU concaves are not as grippy as the old style, but they definitely hold up to alot of abuse. If you want more traction, the Azonic A-Frames are pretty burly.