Quantcast

new pedals

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
okay so here is the deal. im going to be in the market for a new set of flat pedals soon, cause well the 3 year old tiogas are gonna blow up on me soon. im getting ready to get a set of mallets for racing and a few weekend rides, but i need a set of flats for most of my weekend rides for convienance and what not. so 5050's are out because they dont have enough concave for my liking. so throw some suggestions my way and it will be greatly appreciated. ohh and the wider and flater they are the better. thanks again guys.

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
Ive heard a lot of great things about the Forte Shovels. Most of the people who buy them from us have no complaints. I alos like the Straightlines too, so keep that as an option. Looks pretty popular :)

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
Pedals are a very personal thing and everyone will give you an answer as to what feels good to them. My suggestion is to see if you can try out the different pedals that your friends have and based on that make a decision.

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
Got the straitlines 3 months ago, and having used many different pedals, I have to say that these are the best I have ever used. 100% recommended !!!

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I've been using Block 8 Cage Match magnesium pedals for the past year and they are my favorite pedals yet. Super light weight and spark when you smack rocks! lol

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Pedals are a very personal thing and everyone will give you an answer as to what feels good to them. My suggestion is to see if you can try out the different pedals that your friends have and based on that make a decision.
No no no...:disgust1:

Easton Flatboys!:busted:

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
wellgo b-27 or the tioga mx=pro (they are the same pedal btw). they are pretty lite and are fairly concave. also from they experience they are plenty strong

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
i have a set of the tiogas now, but they are gonna have to be retired soon cause there 3 years old. thanks guys for all your suggestions, and broken spoke you are correct it is all a personal prefferance i was just wanting to get some more ideas from as many people as i could so that it would help me narrow down the search.

Kona Wah Wahs- kinda expensive
Forte shovels- talk the guy at performance down:busted:

the Fortes are kinda tall, but very stiff.... my only problem with them is pin placement and number... there arent enough for me...
the Wah Wahs are promising, theyre pretty damn big, really low, really concave and have awesome grip!

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
straitlines are great, i've had mine for nearly a year i think and they're amazing, the platform is gigantic and very comfortably shaped. the pins are also resistant to damage because they #1 don't thread through the bottom of the pedal and #2 don't use set screws that are easily bent or have the hole closed up by an impact. the finish is top notch, and while they'll do a job on your shins, i've found that i don't have accidental slippage in any situation really with the exception of really wet and muddy conditions. they're expensive, but i'd buy them again for sure, the guys at straitline back their products really well too.