Quantcast

New prototype frames and build!!

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
i'm also running a 1.95 on the back. here is a shot of the chainstay clearance and i'm running my wheel slammed, the clearance is identical at the seatstays too...

looking awsome. One thing i never understand is if you run the rear wheel slammed, how do you get it off to change a flat. yes a newbie question.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
looking awsome. One thing i never understand is if you run the rear wheel slammed, how do you get it off to change a flat. yes a newbie question.
use a rear hub w/ a female axle. its sucks breaking chains or worse, removing cranks.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
couldn't you use a master link to remove the chain?

edit, for the half link they use a koder pin right

Sunsets

Chimp
Aug 30, 2009
VA
I WANT ONE!!!!! this is exactly what im looking for!!!!

bmx 20 feel in a 24!!

In the meantime, what frame on the market now can you recommend that is closest to this type of geo, as i need a 24" dj bike immediately. been away from the trails way too long!!!!

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
updates? or did i miss a new thread?
Getting close. The bars are finished and the frames will be done in about two weeks. Then painting, then shipping. So, hopefully we'll have them by the end of the month... but, more likely sometime in November.

Thanks again for the interest. I'll definitely have some updates and some more info as we get closer.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
will you be offering the frame in raw with a clearcoat?
Well, that is a good question. I'm trying to figure out the colors right now. I was thinking about going with a flat black or dark grey option, and then a color option like a cool powder blue or something like that. We will probably only have two color options.

What do you guys think? Should I do a raw with clearcoat instead of a flat black or grey? What other colors do you like... or better yet, what colors do you think most people will like?

Thanks! :thumb:

Paulyd

Monkey
May 15, 2007
Great White North.
imo, i think there are some people that like the bright frames. for me, i like either a raw, or a deep blue/red/green, matched with all black parts.

you could do like a yellow frame, orange, green.

what if you did colour runs? saw swap colours every few months. make more colours available.

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
I'm stepping in late in this, I know, but they look amazing. It's nice to see something more out of the box. They're very BMXTB.

The flat black sounds good, and maybe go for a color you don't see often. Tonic Fab has(d?) the light blue, Blk Mrkt has the orange. Maybe a lime green? Trans. reds and blues always look amazing. Maybe a trans purple?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
All bikes should be red.... :D

Will you be selling these to the public and if so, what is the cost? sorry if this has been answered...

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
chameleon paint? would be sweet if you could get that really deep green to purple look going on, bike changing colour mid whip etc.....

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
That's great, man! I think it's awesome you are pulling this off. Dream to reality!
I hope it works out profitably for you.
Do you have the final specs, or are you going to wait and actually measure them?

Last edited:

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
That's great, man! I think it's awesome you are pulling this off. Dream to reality!
I hope it works out profitably for you.
Do you have the final specs, or are you going to wait and actually measure them?
Thanks, man. I'm pretty excited about it. I just hope it's a frame that riders will really like.

Here are the specs:

TT: 22" and 22.25" versions
BB: 12.7"
CS: 14.25"
HA: 74
SA: 72
ST: 9.15" center to center

Full 4130 Sanko Chromoly. Double butted top and down tubes. Straight gauge stays. Single butt seat tube. Removable brake mounts and routing.

Bars are 6" rise, 28" width. Full 4130 Sanko Chromoly, multi-butted.

Last edited:

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
Thanks, man. I'm pretty excited about it. I just hope it's a frame that riders will really like.

Here are the specs:

TT: 22" or 22.25" versions
BB: 12.7"
CS: 14.25"
HA: 74
SA: 72
ST: 9.15" center to center

Full 4130 Sanko Chromoly. Double butted top and down tubes. Straight gauge stays. Single butt seat tube. Removable brake mounts and routing.

Bars are 6" rise, 28" width. Full 4130 Sanko Chromoly, multi-butted.
. . . . and what are they called !! ??

(just had another idea, i'm PM'ing you)

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Holy ****. Price and what are my chances of getting one? This looks like it would strongly compete with the Model C, maybe even raise the bar.
Thanks! Haven't finalized the price, yet. It should be in the same range as the Model C frame. And your chances of getting one could be pretty good... I'll have plenty to sell in about a month! :thumb:

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
. . . . and what are they called !! ??

(just had another idea, i'm PM'ing you)
Still trying to figure that out! Names, names, names... company name and frame name are the hardest part of this whole process!!! haha

We've got the company name, but I'm keeping it under wraps until we can launch the website.

Last edited:

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
sounds like you'll be selling direct like Seshin used to do with their bmx products? that will save the end user some money for sure. i'm really digging the frames. removable brakes kinda irk me but i guess it makes sense with the way the industry is now.

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
come on..... call it the Hagerty!!!

damn cru, frame and bars look sweet!!! whats the ordering process, just a quick pm???

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Thanks for the good words, guys. Yeah, there are def some mixed feelings on removable mounts. But, I figure it's best to have the option. I run brakeless sometimes and I like having a clean look... but I also want to be able to put my brakes back on when I need them.

LOL at the hagerty... I don't think I can do that!

The plan as of right now is to sell them direct through our website. We'll set up a paypal account and it should be a simple click and order process. We'll have more details once we get the website going.