Quantcast

New pup!

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
My roomate's dog ran off today and came back a minute later with a stray in tow. She's a German Sheperd mix, had no tags, and was clearly in very rough shape. My roomates took her to the humane society to check for a chip and submit her picture, and then brought her back home and called me. She has definately been abused but warms up to people pretty quickly and is a real sweetie. She's all skin and bones at about 50 pounds. We gave her a bath and took her to get her severly overgrown nails clipped. Per the vets advice we got her puppy food so she will put on some weight. If the owners dont claim her within 5 days I can adopt her, so I've got my fingers crossed. She's already snuggling up with everyone in the house and everybody loves her including the house's other dog. Pics soon!

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Here she is, I named her Miura which she already answers to and she took about 10 minutes to do sit and down for me. She's still a bit jittery and not quite ajusted to the house yet, at first she was terrified to go up or down the stairs, but now she follows me where ever I go. She clearly had not eaten in a while and her first meal gave her diarreah, hopefully that will clear up soon so I dont have to do too much cleaning.

Attachments

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Aww, she'll be beautiful when she puts on some weight.

Let her sleep in your bedroom on the floor if she can. It should help her bond with you a bit faster and feel a little more comfortable.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
She slept like a baby at the foot of my bed until 4 am when I woke up just in time to hear her drop another load of faucet butt. After that I put her in the crate just to be safe, since its alot easier to hose that out than it is to scrub the carpet. Hopefully her stomache will get used to food soon, I hate putting her in the crate.

likwid

Chimp
Aug 1, 2005
I'd be careful and consult a vet.
Common starvation issue type thing.
Might wanna see if the dog likes pedialyte, it'll keep electrolytes and whatnot up and help with the ****s.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Very cool. What a pretty dog!! She follows you around looking for guidance and reassurance, so make sure you give her lots of love. :) Our foster greyhound follows me everywhere.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
Hulk, you are THE man! Good on you from now on for taking her in, I love hearing stories like this, it reassures me that there are still good people out there. Good lookin' pup too man, hope the next 4-5 days go by and she's yours.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
As far as the diarrhea, go to your vet and get a couple of cans of this..

It is for dogs with sensitive type tummies. Or ask your vet.