Quantcast

New QBP book is here!!!

Jeff 151

Monkey
Sep 25, 2004
DeezBay, Cali
Went in to my shop today and there it was. Fatter than ever and bound like a high-school bio text, the mutha-freakin' 2005 Quality Bicycle Parts catalog is in the house! The first thing I'm orderin' is a copy of that book tell you what.

nixhexss

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
New York
yeah, its definitely massive. THis year we put those little postie things on the edges of hte pages so you can see where each section. Why in the name of all that is holy we never did that before I have no idea....the thing rocks.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I'm kind of upset with Quality, ever since they raised their prices a few months ago, the shop I work at has been pushing to order through everthing else.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Now if they'd only put their stuff on the web like BTI so that I can look at it while I'm at my other job too, that would be cool. Sucks when they only give the web login to the ordering person.

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
Hehehehehe....some of us already have had the QBP log in it's helped immensely with my eBay purchases knowing what wholesale is for items are.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
no, not joking. Where was the internet all those years I managed several shops. Now that I'm part time, 'corporate' is tight on what they let out. A simple mechanic like me has no reason to have that info. In fact, we are actually limited to what we can order out of QBP thanks to the organization refusing to sign contracts with some of the manufacturers. Why the fvk would they do that?

"I like to order some Chris King hubs."
"I'm sorry we don't carry and cannot get them."
"What do you mean? You use QBP/BTI/etc,.. don't you?"
"Yes"

yadda yadda yadda.... cannot wait til my buddy opens his shop.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
ah but with chrisking, you have fill out this 12(?)page form and then you can order them from QBP.....weird

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
DHS said:
ah but with chrisking, you have fill out this 12(?)page form and then you can order them from QBP.....weird
Excuse King for wanting to make sure qualified dealers are selling their stuff. And considering King's warranty, it makes sense that they would require dealers who service their stuff to be qualified.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Sorry to put King in the middle of this,... I could have usd Park Tool or someone else.

It just sucks that some of us employees who have been riding King headsets / hubs since the mid nineties can no longer get them.

Doesn't matter. Until King comes out with an ISO disc SS hub or their bottom bracket, they have nothing more that I need.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
peter6061 said:
no, not joking. Where was the internet all those years I managed several shops. Now that I'm part time, 'corporate' is tight on what they let out. A simple mechanic like me has no reason to have that info. In fact, we are actually limited to what we can order out of QBP thanks to the organization refusing to sign contracts with some of the manufacturers. Why the fvk would they do that?

"I like to order some Chris King hubs."
"I'm sorry we don't carry and cannot get them."
"What do you mean? You use QBP/BTI/etc,.. don't you?"
"Yes"

yadda yadda yadda.... cannot wait til my buddy opens his shop.
CK is picky who the deal with, and don't normaly want to go through distributers. It allows them to keep better control of their products and follow their guidelines.