Quantcast

New rear shock options

mxer338

Monkey
May 9, 2005
CT
the vanilla r on my gemini 900 blew up( it really did oil went all over a little kid) and i got a new one from warrantee, but before i put it on i i was thinking of upgrading to a better shock, either an avy or dhx, maybe others too. the problem i have right now is that when theres a lot of studder bumps my rear end feels locked out, even when im not on the brakes,(at places like diablo) the problem is i cant really buy used shocks since i need a shock with a 2.39 stroke in either 7.875 or 8'' sinc ei have clearance enough for both i2i lengths, and it needs to beable to put up with a higher leverage ratio in the 6'' and 7'' travel modes, for reference im running a 450 pound spring right now and im about 150 with all my gear on., thanks for any insight, hopefully some c-dale riders have felt this to, and im not crazy...

mxer338

Monkey
May 9, 2005
CT
it might of been alittle bit of my adjust ment, i played with rebound during the day and it help allittle, but after i found the best position, it was still feeling "locked out" even without beinmg on the brakes

Fly

Monkey
Sep 17, 2005
mxer338 said:
it might of been alittle bit of my adjust ment, i played with rebound during the day and it help allittle, but after i found the best position, it was still feeling "locked out" even without beinmg on the brakes

Maybe the predetermined compression dampening on the "r" is a little too much. If I were you I would attempt to find a shock that came originally from a 'Dale and use that, that way you will have the right sive (if from the same year/model) and will save some $$$. Failing that, live with the shock until DHX airs come in that size...... :thumb:

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
you dont need 2,39 what you need is 2,25 stroke

if your seeing 2,39 on the spring thats the maximum compression the SPRING will do.

anyway, you should look into a 2,25" stroke shock in 7,875" length thats available from pretty much all manufacturers except romic who makes it in 8" length.

if you have the chance, check into a 2,5" stroke risse in 8" length to get some extra travel.