Quantcast

new rhythm question

burgerks

Chimp
Aug 15, 2002
eugene these days
Hey all,
I'm building up a new rhythm section and am trying to improve the flow (from my previous builds). I'm just curious if anyone has a rule of thumb or input regarding the distance between jumps.

The land has a very slight downward slope and I'm building gaps from 8-12 feet and riding mtn bikes if that helps.
thanks much!
kyle

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Build the bowls on the big side, about 25-30 ft and put a roller in the middle if you need to in order to maintain speed. This way your jumps have room to grow. You will eventually want them to be 14-16ft gaps so leave room to grow.

Also, don't build anything straight. Straight sets get old, build everything hips and turns with rollers everywhere ;)

Flat tyres

Monkey
May 30, 2007
^^What he said. We've made the mistake of outgrowing lines and they become very difficult to expand within. This last weekend we had to remove a set and make it a roller for the exact reason tonka stated.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
one rule of thumb is that the distance from the top of one landing to the lip of the next jump should be about double the gap you just cleared.

so you'd have a 13 foot set follwed by a 26 foot bowl, another 13 foot set etc.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
I have been expanding recently. The dirt at my trails sucks, and so does the tightness of the trees. But I feel that if you build a brand new line, problem solved. The more effort you put into it, the better. Being lazy and just trying to expand lines doesn't work so well. I wish my trails could be plowed so I could start all over again.