Quantcast

New Rider South Bay

tstrenuous10

Chimp
Apr 3, 2007
Trying to get into Mountain bike riding and get back into shape. Looking for some people to go riding with or some people who might know where to ride. working in Los Gatos and living in Morgan Hill.

Just found out about the SV Bike Club and checked out their race today. I'm considering competing in their race at Henry Coe in a month or so but I just want to find some riding spots for after work/weekend to get in shape.

I have a K2 Hard tail and I have to get a helmet this week. Forgot how much those things cost. It works well for now and gets me out there. Who's up for showing a beginner the ropes and a good time?

tstrenuous10

Chimp
Apr 3, 2007
I think I'm going to head to Coyote lake and ride the trails there this weekend. Silver Tacoma w camper shell if anyone wants to take an easy ride and figure out where we go along the way.

esper

Chimp
Jun 30, 2008
Campbell CA
I live in Campbell right next to Los Gatos so i would be happy to ride with you sometime. Send me a message and we can work something out.

tstrenuous10

Chimp
Apr 3, 2007
Looking at your avitar I probably couldn't hang with you esper, maybe in a couple months I could lol! I'll check out lexington reservoir. Heading out to Coyote this weekend for the first ride of my season.

esper

Chimp
Jun 30, 2008
Campbell CA
no worries at all, im more bark than bite and i'll admit it. I enjoy all kinds of riding, even uphill. I'm willing to wait for you if your slower on the downs if your willing to wait for me when im slower on the ups.

Generally i ride in Santa Teresa park or santa cruz, but i often times will ride the Los Gatos Creek trail from my house, up st josephs hill and back. (basically pavement followed by a lot of uphill dirt and then back.) So any kind of riding is cool with me. I just enjoy the ride and want to have fun and meet more riders.

tstrenuous10

Chimp
Apr 3, 2007
Probably won't have to wait on the ups. I'll be right there with ya. That trail sounds good. Dont know where it starts. I work off winchester and 85 so i think its close. want to make that the Thursday ride? Any idea how long it is?

esper

Chimp
Jun 30, 2008
Campbell CA
i posted in the other post you made. If we did that ride we can make it as short as we want. If we were to do the whole ride it would take a couple of hours, mostly because i will be in pain... but the good thing about that trail is you can turn back at any time. Winchester and 85 is perfect, i live right there as well, off Rincon, near the Safeway on Winchester. Trail starts right near there.

tstrenuous10

Chimp
Apr 3, 2007
man it's been a while since I've been on here. I've been working on a few different things. Lets shoot for next week some time and we can connect at that safeway or somewhere I can park my truck and not get broke into. Looking for something to do after work besides come home and watch TV. I was HOPING to get into shape enough for the SV Bike Club run next month but that's not happening. I'll shoot you an email probably next week and see what would work best for you.

tstrenuous10

Chimp
Apr 3, 2007
Took a shot at the Harvey Bear trail in San Martin last week and couldn't get to the top. Didn't realize I was this out of shape. Kept losing traction and as soon as I hit a hill I'd pretty much have to start walking up it. Funny part was watching me try to find trails, I didn't know it was ok to go past the gate if it was closed!

Maybe some flat land rides to get my lungs into shape will help with this.

tstrenuous10

Chimp
Apr 3, 2007
Went on a late ride today down at Harvey Bear. Found out it gets dark pretty quickly after 7:30 and helmet tickets are expensive along with getting locked into the park. THANKFULLY I didn't actually get these tickets most likely because I talked with the ranger about rules and regs, work, life, and the weekend. Note to self....get a helmet lol!