Quantcast

New Rig - Santa Cruz D8

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Just wanted to share, as this new rig has been awesome. I am so stoked. I've had it for about two months, sat in pieces while we went through some life changes. I finally finished her up about three weeks ago and only have had it out for two weekends. It's much different/better than my Cannondale Perp. All stock, so far, other than upsizing the rear brake to 203mm.

The only bad thing, the weather has been so nice while I work during the week and the days are getting shorter. Ride? Work? Ride? Work?

Attachments

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Everyone says that, but I am 6'4" and it rests on my knee/lower thigh in a good spot in my attack position. I prob do need to tone it down just a bit. Besides, where's your mind? The gutter? :D
NOPE! Im 6'3" and run mine a tad up that there is ready to go Bung spelunking!!!! :eek:

Nice bike and DEFINENTLY a review, theres not a ton of info on them bits here and there so give us a ride report.... Nice bike...

BTW grab some stryker (bajadesigns) lights and ride into the evening... We are riding till 11pm DH. They will keep it going...

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Cecil, dependent on how tall you are, if we do go anywhere where a big bike is needed, you are more than welcome to ride my Cannondale (if you don't want to ride your Remedy). It's not a bad bike at all. More FR, than DH, but it does the job.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Cecil, dependent on how tall you are, if we do go anywhere where a big bike is needed, you are more than welcome to ride my Cannondale (if you don't want to ride your Remedy). It's not a bad bike at all. More FR, than DH, but it does the job.
Thanks Bro. I find my Remedy to be able to handle anything I throw its way. Now with that said I can't reach my old race speeds on it due to shorter travel.

Still a great bike.

Cecil

BikeFan84

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
D-Ville
Everyone says that, but I am 6'4" and it rests on my knee/lower thigh in a good spot in my attack position. I prob do need to tone it down just a bit. Besides, where's your mind? The gutter? :D
so is it a large? I am wondering because I am thinking of going this route, mid winter D8 Large...