Quantcast

New Rims, not for me though.

Paulyd

Monkey
May 15, 2007
Great White North.
so my friend needs new rims. purely jumping, nothing else.
i gave him the recommendations of pimplites, supra-d, rhynolites xl, etc, etc...
he wants to know what the best price to weight ratio is. he weighs 200lbs on a bad day, and is fairly smooth. recommendations?

Flat tyres

Monkey
May 30, 2007
I'm over 200 and ride like piano falling off a roof, I;ve a good share of atomlabs and never had any issues at all. Cant speak for the other "rims" you've listed.

Paulyd

Monkey
May 15, 2007
Great White North.
he's also goes on pinkbike alot, and is influenced easily that 721's are the best rims he can get. i personally would get some mtx 29's, welded. trustworthy design of the mtx( at least i trust it), and the weight and price people can love.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
If he wants, i have some beat 721s, he can have for free if he pays the shipping, he can test them out and see if he can demolish them, if so, get pimps, if not, get a new set, and ride the hell outa them

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Syncros DS-28, are very stiff for their weight, if I wasn't running Arrow Racing rims on my DH bike I would build another set of wheels around Syncros rims. If he does look at them make sure they are the new ones without the machined sections in the bead area.

EastCoaster

Monkey
Mar 30, 2002
Southeastern PA
NS Bikes Fundamentals are super cheap on Chain Reaction.... like $28 bucks per rim. Shipping will kill you unless he has other stuff to buy so that he can hit the free shipping $ amt. that they offer to get the stuff across the pond...and if he has the time to wait for it...

Unsure if just rims are what you wanted or a complete wheelset.... NS also has some nice hubs and CRC will build them for you....

But, hard to beat the price for Azonic Outlaws or Transition wheelsets.
If he builds the wheelset, he'll def. hit the free shipping amt. from CRC.

Last edited:

mattt

Monkey
Jul 21, 2009
texas
mavic 729s for the strongest... 721 for light/strong- (its the rim brake version)

are pimp lites welded?