Quantcast

new rims

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
i need some help on deciding what rims to buy i will be riding dj urban and some freeride its a hard tail and my bike cant accomodate 2.5s any help would be great.

thanks

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
bballboy388 said:
i need some help on deciding what rims to buy i will be riding dj urban and some freeride its a hard tail and my bike cant accomodate 2.5s any help would be great.

thanks
I have found that bigger tires work to protect the rims from damage. Since you are forced to run smaller tires, then you should consider running a beefier rim. That is, if you'll be riding hard through rough terrain.

On my hardtail dirt jumper I run 24" Sun ryno lites and Maxxis 1.85 holy rollers. This set up is lighter and would be prone to damage if I went blasting through rocks and crap.

Oops, spam alert! I've got a pair of wheels for sale. qr front, 10 mm bolt on rear, both sealed cartridge bearing Novatec disc, Alex Supra-D rims (32mm wide). Brand new, not even tires installed.

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
yea the trails i ride at are basically rock gardens so i guess ill be staying away from sun ryno lits lol but thanks.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Sun MTX are a good strong rim that are about 600ish grams. Or just go for the mac daddy of beat the **** out of me rims...Atomic Trailpimps. I've dented the ones on my bighit so many times and they bend back and work fine.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Scott has those rims Greg. I believe they are in the $300's. Look at the Azonic Outlaw wheelset too from Wheelworld. Remember the swap....

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
rpk1988 said:
Scott has those rims Greg. I believe they are in the $300's. Look at the Azonic Outlaw wheelset too from Wheelworld. Remember the swap....
yea thats why i was asking so i could look for those rims at the swap

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
I'd say Sun DitchWitchs would be good. I ran them on my P1 and beat the crap out of them (Northstar, really bad caseage) and they are barely out of true. Plus they're cheap.