Quantcast

New Rims

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
I'm going to build up a new wheelset for my PX. I'd love to go out and get some CK hubs and ceramic rims, but last time I checked I have not won the lottery..... I have a set of new 32H XT hubs that I'm going to use, now for the rims. I found Sun Rhyno Lite XL's on pricepoint for 29 bucks a rim. I've heard good things about the rim as far as strength. I'm a beginning rider so the term 'smooth' isn't even in my vocabulary. What is everyone's thoughts?

p.s. I'm running Avid Mag V brakes...

trialsmasta

Monkey
Oct 19, 2001
Austin TX
I say go for it, I'm using regular rhyno lites. The XL are a bit better since they are wider. Run decent tire pressure until you get smoother and you will be fine.

blong

Monkey
Sep 25, 2001
San Diego
Originally posted by axlvid23
those will be fine.....id get some sun single tracks if i were you though.
Those are disk only.

I run a rhynolite in the front and a planetx BMF in the rear. The extra width is nice for rear tire stability, especially with lower pressures.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
They are on their way! :) Another rim that I heard good things about was the Alex DX32. They just were not in the budget though. One of these days I'll build up the rear with a fat rim.

jhusktrials

Monkey
Dec 29, 2001
Denver
Originally posted by Morryjg
They are on their way! :) Another rim that I heard good things about was the Alex DX32. They just were not in the budget though. One of these days I'll build up the rear with a fat rim.
And with a CK hub.:) They are worth every penny.

LostBoyScout

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Vancouver BC
I run a DX32 rear and DM24 front. The DX32 is THE rim to have, and I think if you're going to run anything bigger than a 2.3, you NEED the width of it as well. Tire foldage is not something you have to deal with!

And yes, saving up for that matched to a CK hub is a VERY smart thing to do. IMO the rear wheel is one of the most important components of a trials bike.