Quantcast

New RM Home Page

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Ridemonkey said:
Just tired of the standard "ditch before you try it" responses from the same people whenever there's a change around here.
Lot of bitches on here I know. :rolleyes:

I can't wait to use "knobber" this weekend!

:rofl:

J

JRB

stinkyboy said:
Easy boy!

Actually I just realized you CAN jump into a thread from there. Change is good brother.
Pvssy - next you'll start a thread apologizing.

J

JRB

Ridemonkey said:
Which part do you dislike the most, that I got rid of the junk that didn't matter, or that I added more useful information?
Best question ever. I'll bet his answer is no.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
It's truly remarkable how some of you manage to find such a nice balance between complaining about a situation, and providing little or no input to help remedy the situation you're complaining about. Inspiring. :rolleyes:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Actually I think it will encourage photo posting, but I wish you could see what forum the posts are in. I wouldn't want to end up in the Trials forum or Toshi's sticky! :rofl:

J

JRB

Honestly - the whole home page could be one giant ridemonkey banner and I would still love this place. My only advice, which I am sure you already know, if it is too cluttered, people won't stick around. I would like to see the tabs stand out a bit more so people know where to go at a quick glance, but that's just me.

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
stinkyboy said:
Actually I think it will encourage photo posting, but I wish you could see what forum the posts are in. I wouldn't want to end up in the Trials forum or Toshi's sticky! :rofl:
They're not from threads, they're the lastest photos from the photo gallery.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
One thing I really like from the old layout was the minimizing features. Could basically just view the areas important to you. Would be great if that eventually came back to the new layout.

The pictures on the home screen kick ass.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Ridemonkey said:
They're not from threads, they're the lastest photos from the photo gallery.
2 scrambled thoughts...:dead:

I wish you could see what forum you're going to if you click a link in the latest posts.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
imo, it would be better with the "Most Recently Active Threads", all the way on the left instead of the ad (put ad in center or on the right???)

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
douglas said:
imo, it would be better with the "Most Recently Active Threads", all the way on the left instead of the ad (put ad in center or on the right???)
There will definitely be some content shuffling. Have to figure out how to get the most content into the smallest space, without it looking cluttered...difficult challenge.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I like the features but I don't really care for the layout. It's kind of bland and that one column goes down the center after the sides have stopped and it just looks weird. But then again I never visit the homepage.:rolleyes:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I realize your prolly still working on it, but the forum links are dead and the photo posting times are whacked. Is it tomorrow in Canada?