Quantcast

New Road Bike...Training Vehicle for DH

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
So, I just got this new rig Ordered for training and it should be in by Saturday along with a Staionary Trainer for Snowy Days.
I'm super stoked to finally get one, cant wait to hit the road and do some training. I'll be commuting to work on a regular basis once it warms up a little more. It seems Kinda funny that it's in point for DH :blah:

OCR® COMPOSITE 3

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
nice!

What route will you commute? Are you going to put a rack on it or like alternate driving and leave stuff at work?

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
That's pretty.

I've been thinking about ordering this Light so I can get back to bike commuting. Especially on mornings like this when it is so nice out.

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
I work and live out on the South East side of town, so my commute will be short at about 5-10 Miles. But I'll probly carry a back pack of some sort and leave some stuff at work as well.

I'll cross Arapahoe Rd. to Cherry Creek State Park and then cross under S. Parker Rd. To Orchard and climb the hill to Smoky Hill Rd. and then on to my house off of Smoky Hill Rd. and Picadilly. Roughly 5 to 10 Miles one way.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Sounds like you work in the DTC. My office is just north of Belleview across from the Marriott. I try to bring my bike down for lunch rides around Cherry Creek Resevoir on a regular basis. Although my roady is in pieces right now.

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
I just got the bike and the trainer today.
What a nice bike. I cant wait to get home and do some training.
I get some pics once I get home and I'll post them tonight.
I'm very stoked to start commuting on the Road Bike...
Should be nice! I'm really after some warm weather now!
So for those of you whom commute, what do you carry with you and what do you keep at the office? I work in Corporate America and this will be my fisrt time starting to commute by bike...

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
when I was commuting, I'd bring 3 sets of clothes to work on Mon (car), then commute for 3 days and take all my crap home on Fri in the car. I had my own office so changing wasn't an issue. But if you have a locker room or even a good size bathroom, it'll do. My place of work fed me so I didn't need to worry about food, but that's something to consider...a set of good containers that won't leak all over your crap in your back pack. You may also want to check into messenger bag/packs as they're less obstructive to your back breathing.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
bpatterson6 said:
So for those of you whom commute, what do you carry with you and what do you keep at the office? I work in Corporate America and this will be my fisrt time starting to commute by bike...
I don't have much of a dress policy at work so I don't have to carry a bunch of stuff and can get away with cramming it in my pack most days. I usually leave a pair of shoes at work so I don't have to carry those in. I'm also lucky in that I have access to a shower, so I can take a quick one when I get in.